Passing of Ron Melton

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm another that thoroughly enjoyed Ron's report on the Alaska ride, just a couple of weeks ago, and now this terrible news - too close to home.

My condolences and prayers as well to Ron's family.

Charlie, I've never met Ron, but I have certainly enjoyed his input on the forum.

I want to express my condolences to you and your family in this time of sorrow.

Funny how you get to like a guy just from his writings. Larry Grodsky was "Rider"magazine's safety columinist for years and I read him for years and learned a lot---including to like Grodsky a lot.Fine fellow. He was recently killed in Texas.Hit a deer. Felt like I lost a brother. Same with Ron Melton. I enjoyed his input on more than one forum. Seemed like a really fine feller,the kind who should grace this earth for a l-o-n-g time.Very sad. R.I.P. Ron.

Just thought I'd let you all know that Ron Melton, a member of this board, died yesterday (11 July) after being struck by a car. Ron was a great guy, and recently posted his pics and story regarding his trip to Alaska last month. Ron was active here and on the GL1800 board where I learned of his death. A true Southern gentleman, Ron will be missed.
That is sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with Ron Melton's family and friends.

Jill

Status
Not open for further replies.