Patriot Guard comes to Welcome, MN

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fjrchik

Just a girl in the world, having rode 3 FJRs
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

Marine Lance Cpl. Robert Posivio, 22, was killed in Iraq and laid to rest today in Welcome, MN. The Patriot Guard came because the protest group from Westboro Baptist Church from Kansas said they were coming. Turns out they didn't because they got enough publicity from the media that they didn't feel it was necessary to go. Whatever losers! The Patroit Guard is working! My dad is from Welcome and my mom works with Robert's father at 3M. This family has had a tough year, as their other son was killed last summer in a car wreck while home on leave from the Navy. My parents stood in line at the visitation Friday night for over an 90 minutes waiting to pay their respects and talk to the family. An additional 50 officers were brought in for the funeral from the surrounding areas and they had most of the roads in Welcome blocked off. My dad and his friend took some pics and counted over 250 bikes. News reports are quoting over 500 but that's just not true. Radman didn't make it but Dad did see an 04 FJR. Welcome is pretty small town, less than 500 and Fairmont is about 11,000 so this was a pretty big deal to them, both the funeral and the ride.

Staging area at the Martin County Fairgrounds in Fairmont.

img16211214qh.jpg

Heading out for the 10 mile ride to Welcome.

img16231211xe.jpg

Some shots of them parked and lined up in Welcome.

img16261118mg.jpg

img16301214eu.jpg

img16311214mx.jpg

Big D (my dad) and his Valkyrie parked by the street he grew up on.

larrybike21416jc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pics fjrchick, I'm a member of the Guard here in Colorado, haven't been called out yet. Those westboro freaks-----------grrrrrrrrrrr. They piss me off to say the least. JB :assassin:

Nice pics....perchance did your dad hook up with Rad?....
Hate to be a total ass(which I am)...but, the moron in me has to ask beyond all doubt. Did you really understand the question? Sorry to drag you into this, mikeh.....but, it is fjrchik.....and rad. Someone is really going to shoot me now.

That is actually, very a pro po, dude....very......I should not have gone there...and I apologize now. Because, what them dungheap lickers are doing pisses me off....however.....the comment about rad and fjrchik's dad....oh....just fricken shoot me. Give her dad the gun.

yeah i was gonna mention earlier that he has a few guns....and reads this forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.