Peg Scraping...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you sure you didn't hurt your face in that get off; cuz jeebus Howie, there has to be some explanation for how ugly you are...

Nah...that was from a Vespa get-off in 65. I was losing a drag race to my next door neighbor's Corvair Corsa when a near-fatal tank slapper threw me face-first into a chain link fence. Boy, the fence owner was PISSED!!

Are you sure you didn't hurt your face in that get off; cuz jeebus Howie, there has to be some explanation for how ugly you are...

Nah...that was from a Vespa get-off in 65. I was losing a drag race to my next door neighbor's Corvair Corsa when a near-fatal tank slapper threw me face-first into a chain link fence. Boy, the fence owner was PISSED!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AWESOME comeback there UselessPickles!!! .... eh... nevermind. :)

i scrape a lot.

and my tires are worn to the ragged edge.

not trying to, it just happens.

it keeps me very aware of where I am in relation to all things...

the FJR is supremely capable of both ground feelers and zero strips.

that said, have tons of friends with no grind and plenty of strips. we all get along just fine.

it's like fine wine and art... to each their own... but we still appreciate fine wine and art.

i scrape a lot.

that said, have tons of friends with no grind and plenty of strips. we all get along just fine.

it's like fine wine and art... to each their own... but we still appreciate fine wine and art.
+1

like the way you put that. My feelings exactly. And really envy the area you live, for a motorcyclist... Heaven on Earth!

Foot pegs are hinged and have feelers, they are designed to touch down every now and then. :)

IMO this is something everyone should experience, because when you do find yourself in over your head or evading some hazard you won't panic when you touch a peg feeler trying to save your ass.

Ding ding ding ding!!! We have a winner, folks! That is the correct answer!

I've ridden with guys who yakked about how they had over XXX,XXX miles on XX bikes over XX years, who were terrible riders, even though they thought they were great riders. I also rode with a coworker/buddy who was away from motorcycling for 5 or 10 years, then got back into it. He had a CBR600F4, and could ride the nuts off that thing right away. We did a track day, and he was dragging pegs, brake and shift levers, pipe, and bodywork. I never saw him put a wheel wrong. Amount of miles doesn't matter, but the amount of brains does.

i scrape a lot.

+1

like the way you put that. My feelings exactly. And really envy the area you live, for a motorcyclist... Heaven on Earth!

it is a sweet place... come out anytime. we'll ride.