pia 1100x vs hella ff50

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cctxfjr

Reaction score
Those of you that have used both I would appreciate your thoughts-I need an aux light to light the (left and right hand) shoulders on the two lane country roads I ride on. I live in the sticks with abundant wildlife. I am not a fast rider and rarely exceed the posted speed limit. Whats the best light (cost not considered) for my use. I cannot afford HID's and yes I did a search and read several pages but looking for a direct comparison and current thoughts rather than old posts.

Those of you that have used both I would appreciate your thoughts-I need an aux light to light the (left and right hand) shoulders on the two lane country roads I ride on. I live in the sticks with abundant wildlife. I am not a fast rider and rarely exceed the posted speed limit. Whats the best light (cost not considered) for my use. I cannot afford HID's and yes I did a search and read several pages but looking for a direct comparison and current thoughts rather than old posts.
I have the PIAA's. I cant compare the two, but I can tell you this; I was completely blown off my corbin when I first turned on those little, eye ball sized lights! They are VERY bright. Worth every nickle.

I would imagine the Hella's would be just as effective.

I have had both. They are pretty comparable. The big difference is price. If I remember right the piaa's were twice the price and used a special $30 bulb that didn't last too long on my GS.

ff50's can be had in driving or fog, use auto parts store bulbs and you can buy optional rock guards for them.