• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Possible Russell Day Long Group Buy 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Group Buy request has been accepted by RDL! I have officially closed my list. Please visit the Vulcan Bagger Forum for an important update about the RDL Group Buy!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Group Buy request has been accepted by RDL! I have officially closed my list. Please visit the Vulcan Bagger Forum for an important update about the RDL Group Buy!

FYI... See below for info from FJR Mikey...

Okay... Attention! All hands on deck!

As of today, 12:00 CST the RDL 2013 group buy list is officially closed.

Kim came through for us with a couple of alterations to how they have done group buys in the past. RDL will honor the group buy effort, but will not restrict themselves to following the group buy list's order.

Basically what this means is... the fact that you are number two on the group buy list means nothing as to how your order will be received and processed by RDL.

Here is the direction given by RDL:

RDL will process orders in the order the company receives them.

Orders must be placed online or by fax (fax number is 530-275-5465) between November 26, 2012 and November 30, 2012. Orders will be accepted between those dates only. No phone orders will be accepted. NO EXCEPTIONS! Orders dated before or after those dates will not be accepted for the group buy. NO EXCEPTIONS!

The group buy is open to all makes and models of motorcycles, but will be limited to the first 125 orders received. Only new seat orders will apply, no rebuilds or recovers will be accepted. ONLY ONE ORDER PER CUSTOMER WILL BE ALLOWED! NO RIDE IN APPOINTMENTS ALLOWED!

You must specify on the order where it says production date, "GROUP BUY 2013". Orders without this will not be scheduled under the group buy. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Production dates will be scheduled in December and January only. NO EXCEPTIONS OR RESCHEDULING! Dates will be scheduled on a first come, first serve basis and you will be notified by email of your scheduled date for the "Group Buy 2013" once the order is received.

Discount for the group buy is 20% off the seat order. DOES NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING!

You must send RDL your stock seat for the new build by your scheduled production date. RDL does not have seat pans available.

Well... there you go. I want to thank everyone for their patience as we worked through this process.

In closing, I want to remind each of you that your position on the group buy list does not guarantee that you will be receiving the group buy discount. The first 125 group buy orders will be determined by the order they are received, NOT YOUR POSITION ON THE LIST. I just want to make that that very clear, so there’s no misunderstanding.

FYI... See below for info from FJR Mikey...

Okay... Attention! All hands on deck!

As of today, 12:00 CST the RDL 2013 group buy list is officially closed.

Kim came through for us with a couple of alterations to how they have done group buys in the past. RDL will honor the group buy effort, but will not restrict themselves to following the group buy list's order.

Basically what this means is... the fact that you are number two on the group buy list means nothing as to how your order will be received and processed by RDL.

Here is the direction given by RDL:

RDL will process orders in the order the company receives them.

Orders must be placed online or by fax (fax number is 530-275-5465) between November 26, 2012 and November 30, 2012. Orders will be accepted between those dates only. No phone orders will be accepted. NO EXCEPTIONS! Orders dated before or after those dates will not be accepted for the group buy. NO EXCEPTIONS!

The group buy is open to all makes and models of motorcycles, but will be limited to the first 125 orders received. Only new seat orders will apply, no rebuilds or recovers will be accepted. ONLY ONE ORDER PER CUSTOMER WILL BE ALLOWED! NO RIDE IN APPOINTMENTS ALLOWED!

You must specify on the order where it says production date, "GROUP BUY 2013". Orders without this will not be scheduled under the group buy. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Production dates will be scheduled in December and January only. NO EXCEPTIONS OR RESCHEDULING! Dates will be scheduled on a first come, first serve basis and you will be notified by email of your scheduled date for the "Group Buy 2013" once the order is received.

Discount for the group buy is 20% off the seat order. DOES NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING!

You must send RDL your stock seat for the new build by your scheduled production date. RDL does not have seat pans available.

Well... there you go. I want to thank everyone for their patience as we worked through this process.

In closing, I want to remind each of you that your position on the group buy list does not guarantee that you will be receiving the group buy discount. The first 125 group buy orders will be determined by the order they are received, NOT YOUR POSITION ON THE LIST. I just want to make that that very clear, so there's no misunderstanding.

Thanks for all your work on this, downloaded the PDF and filled it out, now to wait until the 26th

Glenn

How in the world do I keep missing these? The last GB I missed was only by a couple of days. Now not only do I get to pay full price, but I have to wait for all you to get your new saddles made first. Damn!! Picked a bad day to stop sniffin' glue. :) Where are my keys? Enjoy gents...me and my rear end will be jealous! :)

Order was in at 6am eastern, now just need a ship date
dribble.gif

well My email order didnt bounce and RDL hasn't called to bitch about anything. The mailman picked up my seat. Screw waiting for a build date, Lets get it on!

It's November 26, 2012. List members get your RDL orders in now!!

See the posts from the Vulcan Bagger Forum for the latest details, including questions from list members.

https://vulcanbagger....ead.php?t=30504
Good on you Mikey. :clapping:

20% discount is huge. Easily over $100 on a rider plus pillion.

These riders owe you many beers over the next coupla years at the various gatherings... :)

Confirmed with Kim today that my order made it in. Should have build date confirmation email by Friday. :construction:

Thanks again to Mike for making all this happen! :fans:

I called Kim last nite to see if the Post Office made it there yet. No luck, but she told me they would begin work on my seat as soon as they got it.

It arrived there at 9:30 this morning ;)

I guess when I see my CC charged I know they have shipped.

I got my order in pretty early that morning but I haven't heard anything yet from them. I have been so busy at work this last week I didn't get a chance to call them to find out when I am scheduled. Other people have heard back from them?

Well the group buy window has officially shut. I hope everyone was able to get their seat orders submitted in time. For those that did, I hope you enjoy your new RDL!!

Mike

We had 164 people on the list. I know that as of mid-day on Friday RDL had at least 115 confirmed orders. It is entirely possible that they filled the last 10 they agreed to take before midnight tonight.

I would say our group buy was a huge success for everyone including RDL!

Mike Williams

Hope everyone that has received their seat back from RDL is enjoying it. I saw that there was a Helibar group buy on here now as well. Boy that sure would compliment the RDL seat for sure!