Powder coated exhaust on my '09

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark Knight

Reaction score
I recently had my pipes sprayed with high temp medium gloss powder coating. I've been out three of four times and even caught in the rain...so far so good. Just curious what you all think??<br />

<br />

I hope this pic works...<br />

<br />

<a

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Charp lookin' machine. First time I've ever seen a black exhaust. The side covers and the trim under the tank add a nice touch as well. What did the powder coat job set cha back?

Gary

darksider #44

Nice looking '09, lots of black going on there!
coolsmiley02.gif

--G

I have wanted black pipes for a while. I finally decided to pull the trigger on'er. Local powder coater less than a mile from me here in Allentown PA came highly recommended from my neighbors. The whole thing was only $125. All the other black on the bike is stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great. Nice stealth look with the black rim.

What seat ya got there?

I will try to post more close ups later today for anyone interested. I have the Corbin heated seats on the bike. They are pretty good and comfy for me. I've also added oem heated grips. I run the Givi E52 top case also painted to match the bike, hence the Givi rack.

Very nice. However there's a reflection on the saddlebag of a guy squatting. Watch out for him. He looks suspicious!
hehe.gif

I hope it holds out for you. I did the same on a K1200RS and it was fine for a couple of months then started to fade and eventually went dull, patchy and rough.

Of course the FJR cans might run cooler, heres hoping!

Joe.

I did exactly the same thing to my Concours several years ago. I asked for a hi-temp textured powder coat and this is what they look like:

They are somewhat vulnerable to chipping if hit with something hard like a tool but have not faded or peeled or anything like that.

Dan