power commander v

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s.ga.rider

Reaction score
My 07 had the snatchy throttle and it surged pretty bad especially in first gear. It was actually the worst fi I have had on any of the 18 bikes I have owned. It had a g2 tube on it when I bought it so I cant say how much that helped but I ordered a pcv from fuel moto and installed it today. Its like night and day. I rode it 30 miles before installing it and 40 miles after and no more surgeing or snatching. The fuel mileage went from the normal 41.6 to 42.6 in th3 40 miles. So not only does it run like yamaha should have made it run from the factory but I get better gas mileage too.

That is very good news. I hate it that you have to buy aftermarket components to fix this issue, but it was worth the expense and the trouble.

This is a well documented problem for the '06 and '07 models, however, I have never had a problem with my '06 and I am the original owner and it does not have a G2 tube or any ECU change and it runs like a scalded dog with near perfect fuel delivery. So, not all early Gen2 FJR's have this problem, at least mine doesn't.

Its like night and day. So not only does it run like yamaha should have made it run from the factory but I get better gas mileage too.
I have to agree :)

Installed the PC111 on my '03 a couple of months ago. Should have done it years ago! I was waiting for the gas mileage to decrease ..... never happened :eek: Bike is now smooooooooth as silk at lower speeds in low gear.

My 07 had the snatchy throttle and it surged pretty bad especially in first gear. It was actually the worst fi I have had on any of the 18 bikes I have owned. It had a g2 tube on it when I bought it so I cant say how much that helped but I ordered a pcv from fuel moto and installed it today. Its like night and day. I rode it 30 miles before installing it and 40 miles after and no more surgeing or snatching. The fuel mileage went from the normal 41.6 to 42.6 in th3 40 miles. So not only does it run like yamaha should have made it run from the factory but I get better gas mileage too.
How are you measuring fuel mileage? Your dash readout?

While not impossible, it's definitely not normal for fuel efficiency to get better.

Our mileage did improve slightly. The guys at FuelMoto said that it might and it did, slightly. I thought that if it "richened" the fuel mixture, mpg would fall, but that has not been the case. The dash readout becomes completely useless, it is ridiculously optimistic once the PC-V is installed.

I haven't seen any change really large enough to speak of on mine after adding the Power Commander. I'm tracking based on odometer and gallons of gas entered into fuelly.com. I'm measuring the same after as I was before, so while the actual MPG might be skewed, the change isn't.

I just installed a PC V and K&N air filter on my 2012. I got both from Fuel Moto. I'm very pleased with their map. It completely eliminated the lean-condition surginess and improved the throttle response a lot.

My bike is still breaking in. I don't have enough miles on it yet to be able to share any definitive mileage or smoothness comments. I got 43.0 mpg out of my most recent 100 miles fill-up.

I had an 07 that I had a G2 throttle tube and PC-III on. I had a pretty good map in the PC, but can already tell Fuel Moto's map is better.

This is my second experience with a Power Commander and map purchased from Fuel Moto. I do not hesitate to recommend them.

The total cost (filter, PC V, shipping) was $363.50.

Last edited by a moderator:
"The dash readout becomes completely useless, it is ridiculously optimistic once the PC-V is installed."

I agree. The dash readout said I was averaging 49.3 mpg, but my actual mileage divided out to 43.0.

Last edited by a moderator:
I havent actually figured out the gas mileage. That was what the dash read out was saying. It doesnt matter either way. Its smoother and Im tricked into thinking im getting better mpg so im happy:)

I havent actually figured out the gas mileage. That was what the dash read out was saying. It doesnt matter either way. Its smoother and Im tricked into thinking im getting better mpg so im happy:)
That's why I asked. You can't go by your dash readout anymore. It won't be accurate, and almost always will read high after installing the Power Commander.

That's why I asked. You can't go by your dash readout anymore. It won't be accurate, and almost always will read high after installing the Power Commander.
+1

Ours was reading somewhere around 57-59 mpg on the dash when we took our first ride. When we put pencil and paper to it we had actually gotten 50.1 +/- a little. We had taken a very easy and relaxed ride of about 200 miles and the FJR took almost exactly what my ST1300 took. I could look up the thread, it is here under "PCIII or V" for exact #'s. Dad has been on the coast and has been away from the bike so I don't have any recent #'s. It is usually around this time of year that I go swap bikes with him to keep his FJR from sitting unused...

My display is set for ambient temp. I don't think I even know how to change it to show mpg, and haven't tried because I know that number is wrong. Of course, looking down at the display and seeing "OMG" in the temp display is getting a little old too.

I will figure it out on my next fill up which should be wednesday. Im taking my daughter for a ride to the beach for the day.

Anyone have a Fuel Moto map they can share?

If it makes a difference I have Two Brothers mufflers and stock air box and filter. I am using a Auto Tune and would love to try one of their maps. I am using the stock Dyno Jet Two Brothers stock air box map strait from the Dyno Jet Install CD.

Thanks for any help on this.

Anyone have a Fuel Moto map they can share?

If it makes a difference I have Two Brothers mufflers and stock air box and filter. I am using a Auto Tune and would love to try one of their maps. I am using the stock Dyno Jet Two Brothers stock air box map strait from the Dyno Jet Install CD.

Thanks for any help on this.
I have a Fuel Moto map and I also have a custom map I got off my last Dyno run, if you want to try both PM me your e-mail.

Marcus