Prayers for MadMike2 to heal up quickly

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike- Sorry to hear about the crash. Heal up quick, dude. I'm glad you had on the high-quality gear. I bought the same stuff you did at WFO..... a very good investment.

I got the call last night and could not believe the news, the guy that preaches safety the most and always concerned about others went down hard and we'll never know why,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, DAMN!!!!

I called the hospital to check up this AM and was surprisingly patched through to his room, I expected a family member to answer but the bear of a man himself picked up the phone !! He's hurting A LOT !! Please DO NOT CALL and try to speak to him, he's hurting badly ! Our call lasted 45 seconds before it was too much to bear ( for both of us ).

Heal my friend and prayers to you .

Oh shit, not good at all. Mike, rapid & smooth recovery wished for you.

Heidi

Just read about MM2 mis fortune. Glad he was in a group ride with others there to take care of him or if any other rider had gone down.

As far as going off road you never ride by your self just for this reason, someone going down or getting hurt some how.

MM2 is tough as nail, he will be back bigger and stronger and ready to roll in several weeks .

MM2 do as you are told not as you tell them, another words follow docs. orders and heal Xtra fast because your dual sport ride is in a couple of weeks and always have a :) on your face.. :) :) :)

Mike,

I just got home this Sunday afternnoon from a Clamper 4x4 at Lake Isabella CA.. I am very distressed and upset to learn that you had this accident. Thank God that Steve and EXskibum were there for you.

I along with all you other many close friends are sending you our prayers for a total and speedy recovery. Once again ATGATT which you totally subscribe to has proven to be absolutely necessary at on ALL TYPES of bikes and road conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike

(Holy s**t ........don't know what to say except Holy s**t )(If you were not hurting I'd give you shit)

You are in our thoughts. Get well..

Hoping for a speedy recovery.

I'd send a hug but I think that would hurt.

Penny

p.s. you can't see what is in brackets thats just my thoughts

Wish people would quit fallin down, gettin to be you can't swing a dead cat 'round here without hittin a crasher. Heal fast large one.

Get_Well_Soon_Bear.jpg

*** Mikey update ***

Deb & I left him about 2.30 this afternoon. He says to tell you all he's feeling a lot better (read, pain meds here) and thanks all for the good wishes. He's been taken off morphine but is still being given something strong for pain. Last thing he remembers was riding off the trail and onto the pavement - nothing of the crash - vague memory of a helocopter - then hospital. He figures he fell asleep and was dehydrated, cause he was tired before the ride and his back was giving him problems.

He has no broken bones :) . Small fractures in the vertebrae in his neck which should be no problem, fractured right shoulder blade (I know about that !!), cuts and bruises on his face, and he hurts like hell all over. An MRI showed nothing unusual but he has a Cat-scan coming up.

We were with him about 20 mins and he was real chatty, till the pain meds kicked in, and we left him with a smile on his face, and muscle spasms in his right shoulder (again, I can relate here).

It's only been just over 24 hours so he knows he has a ways to go with this, but his attitude is great. Knowing Mikey, he'll be on his feet (and bike) real soon.

We're pulling for him really hard.

Rog n Debs

Goes to show that bad things can happen even to the best of us. Heal up soon Mike, NAFO just wouldn't be NAFO without you marshalling the bikes and heading up the parking nazi's.

*** Mikey update ***cuts and bruises on his face...
I guess he got bruised/abraded from something inside his helmet (microphone, glasses?) but dang, that really means he would've been hurt bad without one.