Rally's in the PNW?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauren_TK

Reaction score
I was reading about the 12 hour rally over in the RR thread. We've looked at doing things like the BRM, and longer events. However, a one day event sounds like a lot of fun.

A quick google search didn't really show anything in the PNW area. Have you heard of any such thing?

Thanks,

Lauren

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't the Lions club in Umatilla put on an 8hr, is that still running? I believe Mr. Igggy won that a few years ago

Didn't the Lions club in Umatilla put on an 8hr, is that still running? I believe Mr. Igggy won that a few years ago
They stopped several years ago.

Closest to the PNW is Utah 1088 or the Big Money Rally is still running and PNW is prime for points, you can build any duration or scenario you want, and you can even try and coordinate with other riders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lauren, did you mean the BMR vs. your post of the BRM? If so, you can make the BMR just about anything you want to make of it. You can make it a 1 day event or a 5 day event and you can do one or two every month until the final date. Rally, who needs a rally?

Lauren, did you mean the BMR vs. your post of the BRM? If so, you can make the BMR just about anything you want to make of it. You can make it a 1 day event or a 5 day event and you can do one or two every month until the final date. Rally, who needs a rally?
Dyslexia strikes again! Yes, I did mean the Big Money Rally.

My wife really likes that kind of thing, so I'm asking for her benefit.

We were going to do the BMR for realz this year, but I broke my shoulder.

Here are some other ideas: Rose City Motorcycle Club in Portland runs a 500 mile ride on May 10th (I count 15 people form the Seattle area making there way to Portland for this event). Steve Folkstad runs a Rally in Baker City in July called the Hells Canyon Rally. And of course there is the Unofficial DamTour which can be made into one or multiple day rides. Catch a RTE with the other guys and you will meet some special people. We just had a RTE in Centrailia two weeks ago. You can follow along on the FB page. Sound Rider runs a Rally in the Gorge at the end of August that looks like fun. Then there are other event that round off motorcycling like The Big Nasty, but I won't get into them.

Bummer on the broken shoulder. I didn't do the BMR last year because I was scheduled for surgery on my rt. clavical. Never happened and now I exist with two bones that should be one. Oh well, it works. I currently have a cracked pelvic bone, hurts but I can still ride. Sitting on the FJR is no problem, but lifting the trailer tounge onto the hitch isn't something I'm going to do again for at least 6 weeks (at least w/o help). Take it easy and get well, soon you will be back at it, maybe intime for the Hells Canyon Rally.

Take it easy and get well, soon you will be back at it, maybe intime for the Hells Canyon Rally.
Thank you. The break was back in December. However, it is fully healed . . . although I don't have 100% range of motion or my strength back. That's not stopping me from riding now.

BTW, looks like the Utah 1088 is no more. The 2013 Application still on the website is for the "farewell rally."