rattel in 08

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dstray

Reaction score
At low speeds when i hit a bump i notice and hear a frount end rattle has anybody had this and what is it . It sounds like a loose clip or hinge just something small thanks again

I have the same bike and it's my first with floating front calipers. They

rattle over litle bumps when the front brake isn't in use. That's all.

If you still hear noises when the front brake is applied, it's something

else that needs to be checked out.

oops, for some reason I thought you had an 08 FJR. you didn't say what

the bike was. But if it has floating front discs, I stand by the above.

Same for me too....08'AE.....it is certainly not the calipers.....sounds more like a instrument cluster rattle or something very similar. The rattle is more of a plastic sound than metal on metal.

I have the 08. Yes mine has a slight rattle when I hit a bump. I think it is coming from the windshieldbracket, mount. It really isn`t all that bad. My Wing did the same thing, almost identical noise.

Do a search and you'll find that more than a few of us 08er's are a-rattling in the windscreen area.

OMGawd - I JUST SAID "DO A SEARCH!"

i have an 07 and same thing, front noise when i hit a bump and can not find the source.

Hey toolman, here's our snow dog.

Back to the Rattle,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I think it could be the windsheild too. I noticed when cleaning it that it sort of wobbles about.

I Just got the bike a few days ago and haven't taken things apart as yet to see if there is a way to tighten it.

It's the steering head torque. REALLY!

OK Im game.....please explain to a newb why the amount of steering head torque would give such symptoms?
May not but..... Go to the tech/mech forum and do a search. Use +steering+head+bearing+torque. This is been a reoccurring problem on many bikes,both Gen1 and 2.

Two things will happen.

1. You'll learn how the search engine works (sometimes) and you'll pick up some info on a problem you may encounter down the line.

A number of new bikes came from the Dealer with improperly torqued steering head bearings. Started as a rattle then morphed into a shake/bump. A lot of things rattle on a plastic covered motorcycle. Properly torqued steering head bearings solve one. Earplugs solve all the rest.

Good luck.

Mine rattled on bumps also. The culprit is the garage door opener rattling around in the glovebox! Other stuff stored in there could rattle also. Easy fix with some double back tape to secure the opener inside so it can't move.

Check the plastic trim that covers the windshield screws. Mine was a bit loose at the top.

You might try putting a piece of foam or something under it to tighten it up.

Same for me :(

One day I will take the time to fix it (with rubber shims or whatever

it needs to be dead quiet), but for now, I ride it and try not to pay

attention too much...

Sylvain

At low speeds when i hit a bump i notice and hear a frount end rattle has anybody had this and what is it . It sounds like a loose clip or hinge just something small thanks again

Thanks again guys to me it sounds like improper steering head tourque because it sounds like ratteling metal im making a appoitment with the dealer to have it checked for the price you pay there should be no rattles .Japan has been making rattle free bikes for years.