Rest in Peace Dr. Robert Arceci, Godspeed!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I amost ended up like the good doctor this morning. 4 way intersection me having the right of way. The crossing road had the stop signs. Traffic on left was a box truck with 3 cars behind it. While cruising along at 50MPH all of a sudden some asswipe with a beet up dogde pickup went around all the held up traffic at the stop sign and proceeded to run me over. I swerved hard right to avoid him and got by without missing a beet. I imediately responded with a salute as he started to come up behind me. He didn't get that close and took the next right.

Shortly after that while half way around the rotary another asswipe decided he was going to engage me again. Banked hard left scraping the peg feelers enroute around the rotary avoiding another neer miss. The dashcam that JB is using would have been nice in both these instances. Two boneheads breaking the law both times and not giving a shit about any motorcycle with the right of way. I was early for work today and in no rush doing the speed limit. I know they both saw me comming and didn't give a shit.

Waiting for the Mad Max world so I can mount some rotary clips up front,

Sorry about the good doctor, RIP

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
That sucks. I am sure they will catch that son of a bitch. Should be pretty easy to trace him through the truck. Hate to hear this stuff. Have had many close calls myself. Be careful out there!

Condolences to the families of the children who will be missing his expertise...
Not only did Dr. Arceci save countless lives within Phoenix Children's Hospital, his M/C Rides raised funds for Children's Cancer Research!

He'll be missed here in Arizona! Quote from Dr. Bob: "I love motorcycles, I ride every day, because everything else is just transportation!"

Last edited by a moderator:
A real tragedy.

Landscape truck in AZ. What are the chances the driver is unlicensed, uninsured and undocumented?

There is an opportunity here for someone to continue the DR's good work and establish an annual ride in his honor to raise money for the kids.

A real tragedy.
Landscape truck in AZ. What are the chances the driver is unlicensed, uninsured and undocumented?

There is an opportunity here for someone to continue the DR's good work and establish an annual ride in his honor to raise money for the kids.
There was an article in the newspaper this morning on this accident. Apparently, a landscape truck pulling a trailer made a left hand turn at an intersection in front of the motorcycle, and the rider collided with the trailer. There were three people in the truck. The driver fled, but the two passengers did not.

Good for them staying. It should just be a matter of short time for the driver, unless he's crossed the border. God bless the doctor's family.