Ride to Leesburg 4/28/2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRScrewball

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
Leesburg Bikefest is this weekend and I'm planning to ride up.

Will be leaving from the McDonalds at I-4 and Hwy 98 in Lakeland at 8:00 am. That is exit 32.

Going up through the Green Swamp and back roads.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Will be leaving from the McDonalds at I-4 and Hwy 98 in Lakeland at 8:00 am. That is exit 32.

Dave
Hey Dave

How ya doing? I was just thinking about you this morning. I think I'd like to go. Pretty sure Mark's working, but I think I have the day open. Pilot2Wheels (Wayne) just contacted me about getting together for lunch this Sat. Maybe he'd be interested too.

Gary

Dave
Hey Dave

How ya doing? I was just thinking about you this morning. I think I'd like to go. Pretty sure Mark's working, but I think I have the day open. Pilot2Wheels (Wayne) just contacted me about getting together for lunch this Sat. Maybe he'd be interested too.

Gary
Good to hear from you Gary.

I've been doing GREAT!

I've got some interesting things to tell you about. Hope you can make it.

As stated we will be leaving from the Mickey D's that is across the street from the IHOP we met at last time. KSU at 8 a.m.

Dave

Dave
Hey Dave

Gary
Good to hear from you Gary. Wayne (Pilot2wheels) is about 20 minutes east of there in Eustis... Says he wants to hook up with us. How to plan it?

Gary

I've been doing GREAT!

As stated we will be leaving from the Mickey D's that is across the street from the IHOP we met at last time. KSU at 8 a.m.

Dave
Hey Dave

8 a.m. @McD's -- i-4 and 98. Got it. Lookin like a go.

Dave
Hey Dave

Gary
Good to hear from you Gary. Wayne (Pilot2wheels) is about 20 minutes east of there in Eustis... Says he wants to hook up with us. How to plan it?

Gary

I've been doing GREAT!

Dave
Hey Dave

8 a.m. @McD's -- i-4 and 98. Got it. Lookin like a go.
Good deal Gary!

See you Saturday morning.

Dave

Hey Screwball,

Just got off the phone with Wayne (Pilot2wheels on the forum) and I told him we'll call him just before we leave McD's at 8:15 or so, to coordinate where we can meet him. I asked him what time he normally gets up and around on Saturdays, and he assured me that he was always up by at least 11:00. It got kinda quiet on the phone until he started giggling. Sounds like our kinda guy!!! After a pretty good laugh, he said he'll drive to wherever we cross 50, be it Groveland or Clermont or ? And wait for us. Looking forward to meeting him, seems like a great guy. So... I'll see ya Sat morn. Anybody else coming?

Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Screwball,

Just got off the phone with Wayne (Pilot2wheels on the forum) and I told him we'll call him just before we leave McD's at 8:15 or so, to coordinate where we can meet him. I asked him what time he normally gets up and around on Saturdays, and he assured me that he was always up by at least 11:00. It got kinda quiet on the phone until he started giggling. Sounds like our kinda guy!!! After a pretty good laugh, he said he'll drive to wherever we cross 50, be it Groveland or Clermont or ? And wait for us. Looking forward to meeting him, seems like a great guy. So... I'll see ya Sat morn. Anybody else coming?

Gary
Gary,

I was going to have us ride up through Clermont and then up to Howie-in-the-Hills and then take CR48 through Yalaha. According to Wayne's forum info he lives in Eustis. If this is correct I don't want to make him ride to Clermont then turn around and ride back the same way he came. I'll create the route and post a link here. Then he can decide where he wants to meet us.

As of right now, its me and my brother, you and Wayne. Have not heard anything else from DaveB so I don't know if he's coming. There is another FJR rider here in Lakeland that my brother has ridden with and we are going to invite him. I'm not sure, but I don't think he's a forum member.

Dave

Would love to join you guys for this ride, but the wife's company picnic is Saturday and we are committed to attending. Maybe next time. Thanks for planning this trip.

Hey Screwball,

Gary
Gary,

I was going to have us ride up through Clermont and then up to Howie-in-the-Hills and then take CR48 through Yalaha. According to Wayne's forum info he lives in Eustis. If this is correct I don't want to make him ride to Clermont then turn around and ride back the same way he came. I'll create the route and post a link here. Then he can decide where he wants to meet us.
Gary and Wayne,

Here's a link to the route I made. Look it over. Wayne can decide where he wants to meet us.

Clicky

Dave

Although I've been back riding again now for about 5 weeks after a non-motorcycle related accident, this weekend isn't going to work out for me. I haven't been to Leesburg in several years now, but last time we popped in on the Bikefest, it was getting really big. Plenty of bikes, people, and goods to look at. Certainly a full day of entertainment.

Have a great time - it looks like the weekend is going to be a bit warm, but rainfree. If you happen to ride through Groveland, honk the horn at me!

Hey Screwball,

Gary
Gary,

Gary and Wayne,

Here's a link to the route I made. Look it over. Wayne can decide where he wants to meet us.

Clicky

Dave
Cool. I checked it out... looks like a winner. Forwarded to Wayne. Waiting on his reply. Heading down to the Apple store with the x wife to help her pick out a computer. (We're still buds... thank you Jesus).

Will try to get back to ya later this eve.

See ya in the morning.

Gary

Gary

Hey Screwball,

Gary
Gary,

Gary and Wayne,

Clicky

Dave
Cool. I checked it out... looks like a winner. Forwarded to Wayne. Waiting on his reply. Heading down to the Apple store with the x wife to help her pick out a computer. (We're still buds... thank you Jesus).

Will try to get back to ya later this eve.

See ya in the morning.

Gary

Gary
If I have to double back on any road (since I live in Eustis) just means I get to ride more. :yahoo:

How about I try to meet y'all where your route crosses Highway 50 in Clermont, which is 12th street (561). Looks like there is a building on the NE corner with a parking lot, and I can aim to be there before y'all and just wait for you to get there. There is a Catholic church across the street on the NW corner of 50 & 12th.

What is your best guess on when y'all would be at 50 & 12th in Clermont?

Looking forward to meeting other smart guys, aka FJR drivers. ;)

Wayne

My cell phone number is 352-308-6559 Maybe y'all could call me when you leave Lakeland. Looks like an hour ride to Clermont and Hwy 50 for y'all, and about 55 minutes for me. I could leave the house when you call.

Wayne

My cell phone number is 352-308-6559 Maybe y'all could call me when you leave Lakeland. Looks like an hour ride to Clermont and Hwy 50 for y'all, and about 55 minutes for me. I could leave the house when you call.

Wayne
Just put your number in the phone.

How about we meet at the Rusty Fox restaurant on the corner of 12th St. and Montrose St.

Your calculations are correct. It will take us about an hour. We'll call when we leave Mickey D's.

Dave

Wayne
Just put your number in the phone.

How about we meet at the Rusty Fox restaurant on the corner of 12th St. and Montrose St.

Your calculations are correct. It will take us about an hour. We'll call when we leave Mickey D's.

Dave
Dave,

The Rusty Fox it is. See y'all tomorrow.

Wayne