Ride with care at all times

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennerk

Reaction score
I don't know any details but this afternoon around noon a fellow motorcyclist had his last ride. When I came past the scene at 2pm the motorcyclist had not yet been removed from the scene. Apparently while traveling north on route 25 he came in contact or side swipe a vehicle coming in the other direction. All I know is the the motorcycle was destroyed and laying on it's side 15 feet up a hill above the road bed. The car, a Volvo station wagon, had the driver's side front quarter panel destroyed and the windsheild shattered.

This road is very popular because it is twisty and smooth and VERY inviting if you want to twist the throttle. It is with extreme saddness to ride past the tarp covered body of a fellow rider. May God keep his soul and may his friends and family find some peace even in this tragedy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sad, one of our own here got hit last friday in Yucaipa, a hit and run. He's recovering enough to post still, thank God he is alive, lets wish him a fast recovery Chief!

Bad, very bad. This is the time of year when some of our brethren are a bit exhuberant while riding amongst car owners with Spring fever. The intersection of those two life choices is never good for the rider. This is one of the reasons I have begun to give "The Dreaded Safety Lecture" before each ride. It's too easy to cut apexes on left-hander corners and get one's head over the line, and it's too easy to be a little judicious with the throttle and run wide on right-hander corners.

How terribly sad for the people and families involved. What a tragic loss.

.... and it's too easy to be a little judicious with the throttle and run wide on right-hander corners.
How terribly sad for the people and families involved. What a tragic loss.
been there, done that, walked away by the grace of god...

may hope be with the riders family

dana