Riding jeans

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to have a pair of riding jeans if only someone had them in my size.... 42 waist and 37 inseam :angry2:

Scab, Greg and I live about a block away from each other.

We both deal with Cochise motorsports.

Just thought I would save a lot of typing by doing it that way.

Joe

Next to regular type riding gear (which can be hot, uncomfortable when not riding and cumbersome, I like the feel of Carhartt Jeans. Carhartt uses the thickest denim, yet it’s really comfortable. About $35 a pair.

However, probably the best all-around pair of jeans you can buy are the Diamond Gusset riding pants. Pricey ($114.00 a pair), but nice jeans.

Another vote for Draggin Jeans. I like them a lot. I did get the knee pads as well. Not the greatest knee pads but better than nothing.....

Last edited by a moderator:
What? I wear regular office pants and Phoenix 5 ...

I had one spill in my entire life and that was on an oil slick, so I never gave it much thought ...

I just nod to the creator once :rolleyes: (yea, he is my "friend") before I ride and that's my Kevlar :blink:

Cabela's Roughneck Dry-Plus jeans..15 oz denim,soft lining,wind and waterproof. not as bulky as armored jeans like Draggin and under $50 shipped..

Next to regular type riding gear (which can be hot, uncomfortable when not riding and cumbersome, I like the feel of Carhartt Jeans. Carhartt uses the thickest denim, yet it’s really comfortable. About $35 a pair.However, probably the best all-around pair of jeans you can buy are the Diamond Gusset riding pants. Pricey ($114.00 a pair), but nice jeans.
Carhartt Double front have my vote. I never wear my ballistic pants except in the winter so I tried these. I like them a lot. I wear them everytime I ride even under the joe rocket ballistic pants.

My brother crashed tested his pair and came out fine. I got the idea from the canyonchasers.com site.

https://www.carhartt.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...ategoryId=10935

[SIZE=18pt]<--------------------------------[/SIZE]

As you can see, I tend towards the minimum.

Joe Rocket steel mesh reinforced jeans. Heavier denim and mesh panels make me feel a little safer that Levis.

Next to regular type riding gear (which can be hot, uncomfortable when not riding and cumbersome, I like the feel of Carhartt Jeans. Carhartt uses the thickest denim, yet it’s really comfortable. About $35 a pair.However, probably the best all-around pair of jeans you can buy are the Diamond Gusset riding pants. Pricey ($114.00 a pair), but nice jeans.
I wear Carhartt, too. They have different weights of denim from 8 oz up to 15 oz. I chose the 15 and they are very comfortable even in summer.

They have the fit and quality a good pair of Levi's should have. Oh, you meant the guards!

They attach with the elastic straps and Velcro® but they actually don't feel any different than socks. They don't have to be over tight.

You get 'em for free when you order one of their products. I got the Super Moto shirt and it's nice. You put that on, then put on a cool jersey or jacket, whatever you want.

Plus, the armor is right up to your body, not loose.

Diamond Gusset Jeans are the best I've found. They have kevlar in the seat, knees, and hips. They are also a relaxed fit with a gusset in the crotch that gives "the boys" a little more breathing room.

I have a pair of 35x34s for sale. Wore them 3 times. Paid $110 + shipping. Will sell for $70. Been losing weight.

Chris

[SIZE=18pt]<--------------------------------[/SIZE]
As you can see, I tend towards the minimum.

Wow! And how many miles did I ride behind you? I was wondering what thta was...

Hope your doing well Radman.

I'll throw my vote in for Diamond Gusset too. Still American made. Tough to find in jeans. And they are comfortable.

paul from Minnesota

Tour Master - Cortech Mod Denim Pants

CE ARMOR IN THE KNEES AND LEATHER IN THE KNEES AND REAR. ADD BOHN ARMOR (SHORTS) IF YOU LIKE AND YOUR SET.....AND COMFIE!

Draggin Jeans, carpenter cut with knee armor. Regular cut is very tight on me.