Road Trip Ky & Tn with son

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XHD4FJR

Reaction score
Going to do a 4-5 day trip later this month from NE Ohio slab to Columbus then back roads to Lexington Ky day 1 - Bowling Green Ky day 2 Nashville day 3 then a meeting in Evansville In on Sat.

Any suggestions on must ride, see, eat along the way? Have never been to Nashville what would you do with just a day to spend .

Sons first motorcycle trip but he's in love with his first ride a new FJ 09

I'm sure you've done SE Ohio roads before, but I sure would be taking the curvy roads from SE Ohio to Lexington on the first day.

North of Bowling Green you will find Mammoth Cave, definitely worth a half day to take the tour. Wear a light jacket as it is cool inside the cave. Also Bowling Green has the Corvette Museum, if you like that sort of thing.

The better riding in Kentucky is generally East Bowling Green, and even better East of I-75. The Daniel Boone National Forest is great, as is the infamous Cumberland Gap. If time allows, consider detouring in route to Nashville by heading toward the Cumberland Falls. If you do a ride report search for "When it All Falls Right", you can see some of the routes I took in Kentucky (all of which were great, BTW).

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the ideas I'll have to take another look at the map nothing set in stone Corvette museum is on the radar and a friend has offered some very good seats at The Grand Ole Opry on friday if i want them. only must is Evansville Saturday am.

Last edited by a moderator: