Road Trip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPORT

Reaction score
For the last 4 years now I've had some type of summer road trip. It started off with just a long single day. Then when I relocated to the east coast it turned into a 3 day trip up to Niagra then over to Stowe VT before coming home. Two years a go I and 3 others did a 9 day up to Nova Scotia (That was probably the most memorable road trip to date). Last year I did 6 days tooling around the Mini Grand Canyon of PA.

However, this year I was actually considering not taking a road trip. Unsure as to why, but I just seemed...too busy. Nevertheless, the wife saw an opportunity and capitalized on it. Now that the kids are gone for 6 days and the wife for 5 days, I had no reason NOT to go. So for the last two days I've crammed a 5 day road trip down the Ble Ridge Parkway and into Deals Gap. I'll then detour over to Charlotte to meet the wife for dinner and a nice evening then return home. To make things more exciting, my Nuvi died and the wife said we NEEDED a new one. So I sold her on the Zumo 660. It will be here tomorrow, the day before I depart. My only other bstacle is repairing the tent poles where the last trip splintered them. Usually not a big deal, but these poles are like gold. Guess I'll make my own tonight / tomorrow. All goes according to plan, I should be on the road Thursday morning.

I am once again excited to take my annual road trip.

Two big items I was waiting on.

1) Garmin Zumo 660 just arrived and I spent the afternoon wiring the bike and updating maps. I think I'm ready to ride. :)

2) Tent poles were shot and needed replaced. Thanks to Dan, who gave me his old poles, I now have a working tent.

Thanks Dan.

Good night's rest and it's time to ride...Woot Woot!

Wow! What a trip.

Will post trip later. Now need some R&R; as well as some house chores done. ;)