San Diego Ride 9-6-09 - CANCELLED

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny80s

Turtle Gears
Reaction score
I am just starting this thread. We need someone to plan and the ride. Beemer Don is coming to Socal and I promised to take him on a ride. Let's make this fun and get a group together and maybe do a south county ride. Manwhore has been busting my chops about riding down in his neck of the woods or maybe Sante Fe Dreamin will organize one of his famous rides.

Whoever steps up first gets to be in charge.

I will of course assume my Tail End Charlie Duties and ride clean up. We can do a BBQ at my house after if anyone is interested. Maybe Armand will send me that recipe for the kebabs?

Potential Losers for this Run

Johnny 80s

Sante Fe Dreamin

Jorstin

ManWhore

Mc Ride

Beemer Don and sons

ColdCut

Slappy

FJRBluesman

Confirmed Loser

Fairlaner

Last edited by a moderator:
I just did on the other board.

it is called the Anti johhny ride, or the ride to ride ride NOT the ride to eat ride.

R

My plans for that date are not confirmed yet, but I am a possible. I will be in the Oceanside area to ride with a friend for a few days...if you don't mind a gal on a VFR in the group she and I may want to meet up and tag along.

It is Labor Day weekend, so where do you SoCal riders ride on Holidays? I have my roads up here figured out, but I have zilch experience riding the south...

My plans for that date are not confirmed yet, but I am a possible. I will be in the Oceanside area to ride with a friend for a few days...if you don't mind a gal on a VFR in the group she and I may want to meet up and tag along. It is Labor Day weekend, so where do you SoCal riders ride on Holidays? I have my roads up here figured out, but I have zilch experience riding the south...
You are both welcome to ride.

https://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Orange&amp...brook&2s=CA John, from my Mom's house in Orange to your house in Fallbrook is 1.3 hours-75 miles; I can be in your driveway anytime you like. I now see Fairlaner is riding Saturday.

Seth gets out of Chandler Elementary School at 3 pm on Friday, we were going to leave Arizona at 6 pm to beat the heat.

If it works out better if we ride on Saturday, that's fine with me. Seth will be attending the Orange Street Fair with his Aunts.

Always enjoy conversing with Richard, so it'd be a plus to ride with him; but you've initiated this, I'm with you my good friend!

Let's get one ride going with a stop to eat at a decent time and a BBQ at my house after for those who want to come over. I thought you (Richard) were going to post a ride after Memorial day.

I like riding with Richard because he likes to play the "Are you looking your mirrors game" with me. It's fun. After I see him he races by me!

But Don if he waits to long to stop and eat we can secede from the union and strike out on our own.

Let's get one ride going with a stop to eat at a decent time and a BBQ at my house after for those who want to come over. I thought you (Richard) were going to post a ride after Memorial day.
I like riding with Richard because he likes to play the "Are you looking your mirrors game" with me. It's fun. After I see him he races by me!

But Don if he waits to long to stop and eat we can secede from the union and strike out on our own.
John, if you're available to ride on Saturday, I'll switch my plans accordingly. If you can only ride on Sunday, I'm with you!!

Ok I am officially closing this ride. Fairlaner is posting a ride for that Saturday. I will still host a BBQ after for all who want to attend.

Let me know if you want to attend so I can plan.

John, if you're available to ride on Saturday, I'll switch my plans accordingly. If you can only ride on Sunday, I'm with you!!
I did offer to take a group to twist some of the roads down here. The offer still stands for this Sun. Here’s the scoop: There are plenty places to eat along this ride for John, and everyone else that likes food. I had suggested either meeting at my place in Lakeside, (Address to follow if that is where everyone wants to meet or meet at Parkway Plaza in El Cajon. From either place we take the old 94 to Barrett Lake Café (could eat there) all you can eat fish fry… possibly a little early though, but a start for Johnny 80, It’s a beginning place to start stocking up on carbs for the big guy. Then continue the 94 and turning left just before getting to Tecate. (Great sweeping twistys to Tecate from Barrett.) Continue through campo, the site of the antique railroad, (a stop and see for those that have missed it in the past.) Then, follow the frontage road to Buckman Springs. Continue and turning right to Sunrise Highway and on to Julian (more food and some very good apple pie) Drop down the back side of Julian (very twisty downhill) to Barrago Springs, yet more good food! Ahead up the hill to Warner Springs, and all the way to Temecula. Then on to Lake Ellsinore and up and over the Otega Highway pass to San Juan Capistrano, Okay you guessed it, more good food and a classic bar (the Swallows) Very Eclectic biker bar with great music. Grab the 5 in the direction that fits each person, and see ya next time… Mahwhore

Brian

I did offer to take a group to twist some of the roads down here. The offer still stands for this Sun. Here’s the scoop: There are plenty places to eat along this ride for John, and everyone else that likes food. I had suggested either meeting at my place in Lakeside, (Address to follow if that is where everyone wants to meet or meet at Parkway Plaza in El Cajon. From either place we take the old 94 to Barrett Lake Café (could eat there) all you can eat fish fry… possibly a little early though, but a start for Johnny 80, It’s a beginning place to start stocking up on carbs for the big guy. Then continue the 94 and turning left just before getting to Tecate. (Great sweeping twistys to Tecate from Barrett.) Continue through campo, the site of the antique railroad, (a stop and see for those that have missed it in the past.) Then, follow the frontage road to Buckman Springs. Continue and turning right to Sunrise Highway and on to Julian (more food and some very good apple pie) Drop down the back side of Julian (very twisty downhill) to Barrago Springs, yet more good food! Ahead up the hill to Warner Springs, and all the way to Temecula. Then on to Lake Ellsinore and up and over the Otega Highway pass to San Juan Capistrano, Okay you guessed it, more good food and a classic bar (the Swallows) Very Eclectic biker bar with great music. Grab the 5 in the direction that fits each person, and see ya next time… Mahwhore

Brian
Start a new thread. Let's close this one out so we don't confuse people.

Did you two kiss and make up. :argue: :wub: :blushsmiley: :friends: :love: :kiss2: :kiss: :man_in_love: :puke: