Sargent Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defiant

Reaction score
Got my new Sargent seat today. 10 day turn around. Got the blue stitching and it looks pretty good. Gonna take a ride from my house in central Florida to Palm Beach (360 round trip). I will post a report on how my butt survives.

Defiant ..... I am in Orlando. I would like to take a look when you get back. I am not overly happy with my Corbin and am looking at some other choices.

I will post some pics, if I can figure it out. I tried a Russell that was sitting on an 05 at my dealer on consignment and I really didn't care for it.

Man I can't wait for your review. I just ordered it and the ship date is this friday. I know everyone raves about the other seats but really all I need is a firmer middle and something that will displace my weight more. They have a 30 day return policy but a restocking fee of about 15% for the blue stripe option. Hopefully I won't have to return it. I am surprised that the blue hasn't become a standard with the new galaxy blue out. If I do have to return I will go for the Russell next but this thing better work. ;)

Got mine 200 miles ago. It is a major improvement over stock and way better than Corbin. First class fit and finish included.

Got the seat on Tuesday and took it out today for a 350 trip down to West Palm Beach and back. The seat was fantastic, I had none of the butt pain or squirming while I was riding and after 6 hours in the saddle with the 90+ degree temperatures today here in Florida it was still perfect. Well worth the money.

@Defiant

Good feedback on the Sargent; what are your 'specs' if you don't mind..(ht./wt.) and do you have handlebar risers on the bike? Been considering one myself....thanks.

I am 510, 230, with a 30 inch inseam. Old powerlifter. The Sargent seems to bring me up a bit with not so much forward lean as the stocker. I noticed that I had none of the usual right hand numbness and noe of the "crushed grapes". I do have the Heli risers on the bars. It was great.

I've been a Corbin guy for years. Of course with the factory about

45 minutes down the road I've always had a drive in appointment

for the seats I've purchased and have had them custom made

to my back side. But the last seat that I purchased was for the ZRX

and it came out pretty darn hard compared to the previous 4-5

seats. I like the look and design of the Sargent but I sure would

like to see one in person. Is there anyone in the Bay Area that

has one that I could take a gander at? Does the 'standard' Sargent

offer any additional seat height ... I'll have to drop the Sargent

folks a note on that one. I definitely need about 2" add to the

stock seat height.

Gary

I got my seat yesterday and I have to say I love the looks of the seat.

Riding in to work today on my 45 mile ride was very comfortable for the first time owning this bike. I had a sheep skin that made this short trip tolerable but still had pain.

Today no pain at all but did notice the seat hits my legs now because of the dish but assume this will wear in with time. Overall I am very happy with this seat and look forward to some real riding time now that I don't have to constantly think about my bottom. :D

I've got over 6,000 miles on my Sargent seat....got the first one off their production line. This product is terrific. I realize it's often a case of different strokes for different folks but this seat is absolute heaven for me. Including one 600 mile day, I've yet to have any sort of butt pain develop. They spent a lot of time developing just the right shape and foam densities and they nailed it perfectly. If you are a "tank" rider, you'll find the shaping just about what the stock seat offers but the firmness, and support, will be quite a bit enhanced. You will also find that the front of the seat is VERY SLIGHTLY higher than stock. As you move back from the tank, the seat widens out considerably more than stock and gives you much more sitting area. Darn near impossible not to find a comfortable position on this seat...you have plenty of room to move around and change pressure points. The passanger seat was also redesigned to provide for a much larger seating area. My wife is a much happier camper now. Both sections are much improved as far as the tendency of the stocker is concerned in wanting to push you forward. Sargent leveled their seat out and eliminated that irritating aspect. The overall quality of this seat is absolutely top-notch and Sargent stands behind it with a first-rate warranty program. My seat looks as good as the day I put it on and gets many favorable comments from those who see it and sit on it.

Attention Sargent seat users; Can you give some idea of your physical attributes(please no psychological) as pertaining to seat ergos? Height, weight and inseam. Just want an idea how the Sargent works given the combination of your and the FJR's geometry. I just have a 1000 mile weekend and while I enjoyed every minute I could help thinking about seat comfort, especially at the end of third day.

Thanks,

FJReady

I am 6' 200lbs pants are 34's

You say you just had a 1000 mile weekend. I couldn't have imagined doing that on my stock seat. I must have a bony butt :D or wimp :huh:
fjr1300.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sparky,

Exactly. I hate to admit that my former bike (Concours) stock seat was better for me. I did several 1000 mile weekends on it. I know theres a solution out there for my FJR just want to figure out what direction to head. Russell, Sargent, etc.

My butt is probably to blame but I rather search for a new seat than construct a new butt.

I'm 6'0", 180, 33 inseam.

Your bike and lawn look too good. I recommend riding more!!

FJReady

Can you say anal :D

It is a curse everyone around must suffer...