Scorpio i900 alarm system

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaulinAshe

Reaction score
Andre and Silent, I saw where you both are Scorpio owners.

Wondering if anyone has purchased and installed the i900 system?

Scorpio i900 Alarm System

Does it come with the Proximity Sensor and Ignition Kill included? (KneeDraggers said it does. Scorpio sorta lists those as separate items.)

Thoughts/opinions on operation, features etc???

I'm giving one serious consideration for my 07.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andre and Silent, I saw where you both are Scorpio owners.Wondering if anyone has purchased and installed the i900 system?

Does it come with the Proximity Sensor and Ignition Kill included? (KneeDraggers said it does. Scorpio sorta lists those as separate items.)

I've got the Scorpion SR-i500 and i works well for me. It doesn't have the ignition disable (it's an option), but it does have a setable proximity sensor (I think I paid extra for it as a seperate item), multi tones, and a couple arm modes. The Scorpio wiring kit (seperate item, bike specific) worked very well indeed. Looks like the i600 has superceded the i500.

I'd be leary of they keypass style system of the i900. If your battery dies on the remote, you're done, trip and break it and you're done, loose it and you're done. I'm guessing you can see a patern here :p

Hope my 2 cents helped Jeff B)

I'd be leary of they keypass style system of the i900. If your battery dies on the remote, you're done, trip and break it and you're done, loose it and you're done. I'm guessing you can see a patern here :p
You know, I had not thought about that. Surely there is SOME way to override the thing if you splooge the remote? I'll ask Scorpio unless you already know for certain???

You know, I had not thought about that. Surely there is SOME way to override the thing if you splooge the remote? I'll ask Scorpio unless you already know for certain???
Sorry bud, no clue on that one. I think Scorpion would be the people to ask.

Please let me know :unsure:

Andre and Silent, I saw where you both are Scorpio owners.Wondering if anyone has purchased and installed the i900 system?

I've got the Scorpion SR-i500 and i works well for me. It doesn't have the ignition disable (it's an option), but it does have a setable proximity sensor (I think I paid extra for it as a seperate item), multi tones, and a couple arm modes. The Scorpio wiring kit (seperate item, bike specific) worked very well indeed. Looks like the i600 has superceded the i500.

ahee tje i500 with the ignition kill, very happt about it, works great

I also have the i500. It works great (if you set it.. XM radio stolen in San Diego :angry: ) but other than that A+. I have been having a battery drainage problem, but not sure if it is the Scorpio or something else. Smitty

This just struck me as funny when I saw it a while ago:

forum.jpg

I have been having a battery drainage problem, but not sure if it is the Scorpio or something else.
Smitty...I've left mine armed for more than 24 hours and never had any battery issues. Definitely take a look at some of those other fabulous farkles :rolleyes: for a drainage problem.

--G

proximity sensor was extra when I bought mine, 10 months ago,,,, but I bought straight from scorpio then. Maybe kneedraggers has a deal now.

ign kill is part of system (no charge)

Bumping this thread to include the response I just received from Scorpio about what can be done if you lose the transponder for the i900 system.

There is a feature only on the SR-i900 that allows you to manually override the alarm in the event you lose or damage your remote. You will need to

program a code when you get the system before you can override the alarm.
Sounds like I may be the next guinea pig.

:)

I have the i900 and it works great. Once you install the system you can setup the system so that you can disarm it by using your turn signal switch to issue a pattern. For example... right turn signal three times and then left turn signal two times. Here's what I like about the i900.

1. Arms and disarms when you walk up or walk away from the bike.

2. Ignition kill will prevent the bike from starting even if you have the key.

3. Motion sensor.

4. Perimeter sensor.

Word of warning: I know the i500 remote isn't waterproof, and if you get caught in the rain with it hanging from your belt it'll kill the display on the remote. The Scorpio people were like "yup, it's not waterproof, so sorry. we'll sell ya a new one!" This strikes me as rather odd, and lame, for a motorcycle accessory and really put me off from ever buying one of their products again.

I have the i900 and it works great.
Kewl, where did you purchase?

https://www.scorpioalarms.com/products/motorcycle

Word of warning: I know the i500 remote isn't waterproof, and if you get caught in the rain with it hanging from your belt it'll kill the display on the remote. The Scorpio people were like "yup, it's not waterproof, so sorry. we'll sell ya a new one!" This strikes me as rather odd, and lame, for a motorcycle accessory and really put me off from ever buying one of their products again.

That's the sweet thing about the i900 you can keep the remote in your jacket pocket you never have to take it out to arm or disarm the system.

Bumping again to post response about water damage question...

Q. How water resistant / waterproof is the remote or transponder? A. The i900 remote is actually waterproof and can be submerged and not cause

any problems. You will be able to use this even if you are caught in the

rain.

Regards,

Harley Hogue

Scorpio Alarms
Looks like I'm still spending the $$$.

:)

As far as alarms go I've never felt they were worth the hassle or expense. I seem to recall a rider who's anti-theft device keeping them from starting their new BMW and making the MD-2020 last year.

However, I am somewhat interested in the proximity alarm to protect farkles (and the bike) during overnight stays.

Let me know how it goes. They don't list a plug and play harnes for 06's on up on the i900 configure your alarm page.

As far as alarms go I've never felt they were worth the hassle or expense. I seem to recall a rider who's anti-theft device keeping them from starting their new BMW and making the MD-2020 last year.
However, I am somewhat interested in the proximity alarm to protect farkles (and the bike) during overnight stays.

Let me know how it goes. They don't list a plug and play harnes for 06's on up on the i900 configure your alarm page.
There is a plug and play harness for the FJR1300 06-08

Click the i900, then the harness, and a drop-down list appears showing a specific harness.

Just pretend you are ordering the system and it is there.

Jeff,

I looked at the Scorpio alarm but decided to go with a "Talon" alarm.

Bought 2 Talon alarms with wiring (FJR 1300 wiring harness from battery to alarm at rear of passenger seat is a little short) with proximity sensor for the price of one Scorpio alarm.

I know the Scorpio has a better "key fob" but the Talon also has another option for a battery back up.

The guy up in Vancouver BC was helpful and gave me $50.00 USD off (and a fair shipping rate) when I got both alarms.

PM me for more info if you want.

Ride safe.