Seriously Injured fellow FJR'er

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to go, Dennis! B) We're all in your corner, bro. You just keep at it... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Stef

Hey gang...., Roamer here at Harborviw with update from Dennis's family members:

Hello all this Dennis' daughter, I am over joyed at how well my dad is doing. We could'nt be happier!!!! I want to thank everyone for their support and warm thoughts and prayers. It helped. GO DAD!!!! :yahoo:

Things are looking much better than a few days ago with some eye contact, spoken responses and response to commands for movements (hand/feet). There is deep and greatful acknowledgment for the beginning of a miraculous comeback. Keep it coming!!!!!!!

Hey gang...., Roamer here at Harborviw with update from Dennis's family members:

Hello all this Dennis' daughter, I am over joyed at how well my dad is doing. We could'nt be happier!!!! I want to thank everyone for their support and warm thoughts and prayers. It helped. GO DAD!!!! :yahoo:

Things are looking much better than a few days ago with some eye contact, spoken responses and response to commands for movements (hand/feet). There is deep and greatful acknowledgment for the beginning of a miraculous comeback. Keep it coming!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo:

Amen and keep the grace coming from above please...

PLEASE, ROAMER, KEEP EVALUATING YOURSELF AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF THROUGH ALL THIS STRESS

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to add thoughts and prayers for Dennis to continue to improve.

Get well soon Bro.

I know all the prayers and good wishes have helped both Dennis and his immediate family. Dennis' mother and sister have told me how much it helps them to know how much everyone cares.

Personal thanks to you, Roamer. I know my family appreciates all you've done for Dennis, and I do too. I am thrilled to hear that he has been able to make spoken responses and eye contact! Bless you! Take care of yourself, too, ok?

Driving home from Harborview just a short time ago, I pondered for a bit. Today I saw Dennis open his eyes, lift his head, acknowledge his wife and daughters presence, move limbs and quietly spoke a few simple responses. Eight days ago, no responses, eyes shut, no words. Four days ago, a gloomy prognosis. We want to say "hurry up God!", but He is working in His way and His time... Within the next couple of days Dennis will be moved from the intensive care floor to a less critical unit and start with restorative therapy sessions. He is still not ready for visitors and this remains at the family's request.

The family does deeply appreciate everyone's support. This will take time but we're encouraged. Continue to 'ramp up' the prayer support, it is beginning to show its effects!!!!!!

...Roamer

Man, this is great news! What a terrific way to end my day reading the updated reports!!! more prayer sent. :clapping:

Somebody wake up Reno John and tell him it isn't all doom and gloom.

Continued prayers for Dennis. Get well quickly. And for his wife and family. You too Roamer - yur a great friend - thanks for pullin hard for your wing man.

With thousands of fellow riders pulling for you, it has to be helpful :yahoo: :clapping:

Come on Dennis!

...from the 'roaming' thoughts of Roamer...

I've read through this thread from the beginning and am encouraged by all the support from all over the country. When you think of it, it's posted in an obscure 'Regional Ride Planning/ Pacific Northwest' thread and not on a main thread yet folks from all over have migrated to this call for support. What a community, huh?!

We're pulling hard for one of our own and as far as I know, this has not been put on other forums but that's o.k. as that would be just one more thing to monitor.

One plus for me (and perhaps Dennis' family) is the fact that due to the remotness from any major town and the quickness of the response time, there was no media with cameras and mics. Reporters would have been like pesty flies. Pictures/ video footage would not have been pleasant. Scout (Dan) was able to get pics from the scene and these have only been shared with the family.

Which brings me to another reflection. Dan (Scout) has remained relatively silent on this thread but he has made frequent and regular visits to Harborview, documented everything for the family, kept in touch with me almost daily (remember, before that day's ride, none of us ever rode with each other and I had never met the other two). He has been torn and restless, missed some work and is as concerned as anyone. He was the first one to have sighted Dennis and approached him. We are/ were not heroic in our responses but if anything, Dan was more so than myself. We were just compelled to do the right thing.., the caring thing..., the non proud (hero) thing. Grab a Bible and read Micah 6:8.

(yeah, I'm making you folks look it up)

My emotions have been sharpened and dulled at various times over this. The mental fatigue of "what could have been done differently?" Some posters wanted to be encouraging through some 'lighter moments'. I may have been too quick with some to keep this on a most serious level and I apologize for that as I know everyone, in their own unique way has expressed genuine concern for Dennis. We're hoping he can soon look back and appreciate the 'lighter side' as he himself enjoyed the humorous edge of things. Feel free to encourage your 'brother'.

...from the last stanza of a poem I wrote some years back, it captures my thoughts at this time.

"we cry for answers, a hope to keep...,

where thoughts flow shallow, Grace runs deep." RMH

Roamer - thanks for the updates. It is through you, Scout and Melanie that we are able to follow and offer what assistance is requested without overwhelming the family.

Continued good thoughts and prayers being sent for Dennis (and his family) to have a complete recovery!

know Roamer and Scout too...you are on our hearts and minds as well.

Everything happens for a purpose (you and I I see are Bible reading, believing folks), even if we don't learn it in this life.

And good comes out of every happening.

I've come to love the folks on this forum and am constantly proud to be but a small part

Its a great contrast and uplifting experience to the crap we all read and hear about the world in general.

Mike