Short notice ride 5/3/2008

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKR CHK

Reaction score
[SIZE=36pt]****LAST CALL****
Since no one replied with a yes I will not be at sharis****
[/SIZE]
Hi All,

Was thinking of taking a ride Sunday.
The route: slab it on 84 to the Dalles Visit the Columbia Gorge Discovery center then cross the Columbia river at the Dalles continue east on WA 14 to the John Day Dam I need to get a Dam tour check point there.
Now the fun begins go up 97 to Goldendale then head east on 142 through Klickitat and return on WA 14.

I would think it would take most of the day with the stop at the museum. And if you have never ridden Klickitat canyon it is a must.

Any one want to come along, Marty, Dennis?

We could meet at the Sharis in Troutdale at 8:00 for breakfast.

Lori
BKR CHK

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

The route: slab it on 84 to the Dalles Visit the Columbia Gorge Discovery center then cross the Columbia river at the Dalles continue east on WA 14 to the John Day Dam I need to get a Dam tour check point there.

Now the fun begins go up 97 to Goldendale then head east on 142 through Klickitat and return on WA 14.

I would think it would take most of the day with the stop at the museum. And if you have never ridden Klickitat canyon it is a must.

Lori

BKR CHK
I'd love to, but I'm planning on being elbows deep in my bike over the weekend getting accessories wired in; satellite radio, GPS, Powerelet, lights, autoswitch, Fuzeblock, etc. <sigh> Fun times. Wish me luck, and you ride safe, Lori!

Marty

Hi All,

Lori

BKR CHK
I'd love to, but I'm planning on being elbows deep in my bike over the weekend getting accessories wired in; satellite radio, GPS, Powerelet, lights, autoswitch, Fuzeblock, etc. <sigh> Fun times. Wish me luck, and you ride safe, Lori!

Marty
Need any help Saturday, I feel for you BTDT about 2 months ago and still working in it. got my wiring done just need to install my dash shelf and populate it.

Lori

Hi All,

Lori

BKR CHK

Road that area...3 weeks ago.. It is a must.. BZ corner to Glenwood down to Klickatat is a must.

I'm in another time for sure...

Dave

Would join you, butt already planned a two-up trip to the coast for Sunday to pick up a couple of RCMC GT points in Waldport and Rockaway Beach. I had yard-work planned for today but it just started raining so now I'm inside catching up on things here. After the Sunday ride the FJR will be down for a couple of weeks while I do MY wiring upgrades and installs. Let's see, Motolights, MCCruise, Fuzeblock, Starcom, Datel voltmeter, dash-mounted Warm-N-Safe dual controller, Smartire monitor, external GPS antenna, and so forth and so on.... Anybody want to come over and help show me how to get the Tupperware off??

Would join you, butt already planned a two-up trip to the coast for Sunday to pick up a couple of RCMC GT points in Waldport and Rockaway Beach. I had yard-work planned for today but it just started raining so now I'm inside catching up on things here. After the Sunday ride the FJR will be down for a couple of weeks while I do MY wiring upgrades and installs. Let's see, Motolights, MCCruise, Fuzeblock, Starcom, Datel voltmeter, dash-mounted Warm-N-Safe dual controller, Smartire monitor, external GPS antenna, and so forth and so on.... Anybody want to come over and help show me how to get the Tupperware off??
BTDT you could check with Sock Monkey he is also doing that. I still need to do my phase 2 install dsash shelf and add the goddies to that plus add some HID driving lights, just need to find room for the ballasts. I had all the small panels off as well as the right and left side farings and the fuel tank. I was unable to take those upper farings off, I think they need to come off with the front faring that houses the head lights.

I just got back from a ride to the coast I went to Rockaway beach for the RCMC GT check point, and the rain did not stop me it stopped raining once I started up the coast range and was dry the rest of the way.

I just made a reservation for Iggies SM Iron butt ride I think I will try the BBG.

Lori

BKR CHK

I'm bored today. Anyone want help with wiring? Will travel!

Looks a little late for a full day ride for me.

I'm bored today. Anyone want help with wiring? Will travel!
Looks a little late for a full day ride for me.
Slapnpop,

That isnt too late. I started at 8:30 and rode 450 miles dot home at 7:30. I did that ride above except after Klickatat I crossed into OR at Hood River and went down to Madras and back home on 26. It was a great ride.

Lori

BKR CHK

PS do you have any of those FJR Forum wind screen decals in 07 color?