SICK of this bike!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pgrhodes1

Reaction score
Absolutely sick to death of this bike!! She is hitting the road next Spring if I can sell the bitch. I’ve never loved or hated a bike so much in my life. Have dropped her twice because the bitch stalled on take off but the last straw happened last weekend. I have her lowered and worked extremely hard to dial in the suspension. We go on the first 3 day weekend ride and I load her up with about 30 extra pounds. Totally changed everything!! Tightening the shock did nothing. Worst ride I’ve ever experience on a bike in my life. Bounced around corners; impossible to hold a line. Scared the living HELL out of me!! Ruined one of the best loops I’ve ever been on. Hundreds of miles of twisting turns. Who in gods name would have thought a few extra pounds could have made such a difference. She is the 6th bike I’ve owned and I’m sick of messing with her. She is history as soon as I can make it happen. Good luck to the rest of you and hope you enjoy yours.

If you had to lower it, maybe it's too big for you, if you dropped it because you stalled it.... It's definately too big for you. Just sayin....

Obviously the FJR is not for everyone. If you want to make her keepable for you, add a new shock. If you are tired of her and just want something different...well there ya go.

If you had to lower it, maybe it's too big for you, if you dropped it because you stalled it.... It's definately too big for you. Just sayin....

Sure it's not Friday? There seems to be a lot of anger and frustration expressed in the initial post. Quite possibly the bike is too big for the rider. It's not the right bike for everyone. Without a doubt, my FJR is too big for me but I ride it anyway because I like it.

How about a Ninja 250 to build some confidence and experience?

from one of his other posts he stated that he was on an unevel gravel surface attempting to leave when he stalled, couldn't set both feet down... might have been the same incident as the fall-over (search posts)... he used to ride dirt bikes.

5'4" and a 650# bike might take some time to get used to.

sell it and find something that fits you better. whine all you want, we've heard it before :)

Right after EOM I'll fly out and get that pig out of your sight, have the title in hand. You don't have to be troubled about trying to sell it and getting sued later, just give it to me. Please don't throw it away before I can get there. I'll even wash the garage floor so there is no taint left. See ya in ~2 weeks. :bye:

SAME HERE!!!!! :glare: :glare: Damn bike and I are partin ways now!! And this time I means it!!! Awww Frank, don't weep that M1 all over, I was only kiddin ya's. You know I can't lives widout ya's! Gosh, I'll never get him out of here at dis rate!

Waiting for Spring, why? Get rid of it now; obviously you don't want it..................................................you'll be sorry :p

YES, she is too big for me as every bike I have ever owned has been too big for me. Unfortunately they really don't make them for a woman my size so I've had to adapt or give up and I'm NOT giving up. All my bikes have been lowered. None have stalled on take off as much as this one. None have been near as temperamental as this one. I did my research. I asked lots of questions on this site about lowering the FJR. I made damn sure the forks were lowed the same as the rear. I spent an entire day on highway 12 dialing in the suspension after reading every post I could find on this site about the subject. Had her dialed in so well my husband could not lose me in the turns on his FZ1. Wonderful, or so I thought. If a little weight can throw her off this much, to hell with it. Awful, AWFUL ride!!

I'd almost say an ERC course would probably benefit this person, I've never had a problem handing the Feej at low speeds but unless you are used to slipping the clutch or confident in your skills I can see how it would be a difficult bike to handle, As awesome as I think the Feej is, it does take some finesse at low speeds since she is a heavy beast... IMHO Sport Tourers are like that in general (With the possible exception of the VFR)

I took an ERC over this past weekend and the ridercoach pointed out something that I did unconsciously but never thought about is that sport tourers don't have the same handlebar lock to lock travel as other bikes so you need to do more lean bike only and slip the clutch in order to do slow speed tight turns. If you are not used to that, the bike CAN feel like he is describing...

YES, she is too big for me as every bike I have ever owned has been too big for me. Unfortunately they really don't make them for a woman my size so I've had to adapt or give up and I'm NOT giving up. All my bikes have been lowered. None have stalled on take off as much as this one. None have been near as temperamental as this one. I did my research. I asked lots of questions on this site about lowering the FJR. I made damn sure the forks were lowed the same as the rear. I spent an entire day on highway 12 dialing in the suspension after reading every post I could find on this site about the subject. Had her dialed in so well my husband could not lose me in the turns on his FZ1. Wonderful, or so I thought. If a little weight can throw her off this much, to hell with it. Awful, AWFUL ride!!
My apologies; I didn't look in depth at your profile. I never meant to disrespect you by inferring you were a man.

My roommate, 5'2" is looking at several bikes and having the same issue. There's no way she can ride the FJR. She wasn't worried about lifting it from a fall; she thinks she can get help :)

There's a Ducati and a Suzuki (the model names escape me) are on the top of her list. The Duc can be factory lowered to 29" seat height, which is where she needs to be.

what about ths FZ1?

Status
Not open for further replies.