Sierra Snow Totals

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugnatr

Reaction score
It's a lot of snow but not a record according to the Colfax Record a local newspaper in these parts. The record is 833 inches in 1907.

Living right in the path of these storms gets old and we have been getting a boat load of rain up here (3-4) inches a day this past week. Also have had to deal with 3 big snow storms that usually dump 2-3 feet of Sierra cement in our area means I'll be bonding with my Sthil this spring.

In 1982-83? Sugarbowl Ski resort had over 800 inches of snow. They had to dig the ski lifts out to use them in places when I was sking back then.

I believe this year is going to test the Sacramento levee system on a higher than normal "wet" winter.

Just wanted to let our northern and eastern friends know sometimes we feel you snow pain.

Last edited by a moderator:
F the banana belt crap. This rain and the wind is making me think of moving to a Banana Republic.

... Sierra cement in our area...

Sierra cement - Extremely wet, heavy snow, common on western U.S. mountain ranges. Excellent for snowman-building, and high-casualty snowball fights.

It's going to be a fantastic summer of riding up in these mountains once all of this stuff is off the roads.......... up in this mother.

(Mid-June?) :lol:

Wow!

I think I'll stay in the Canadian banana belt.

MT17oring-01.jpg

TMI...

Sierra cement - Extremely wet, heavy snow, common on western U.S. mountain ranges. Excellent for snowman-building, and high-casualty snowball fights.

It's going to be a fantastic summer of riding up in these mountains once all of this stuff is off the roads.......... up in this mother.

So we should still be having fun with it in May, right? :clapping:

So we should still be having fun with it in May, right? :clapping:
Oh hell Yeah. Snow pack run off makes for great waterfall pics. It just means some of our small high country roads may still be closed but we have plenty of choices.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see I am going to have to "downsize" if I am going to fit into that thing.

What was this thread about again? Oh yeah, 700 inches...

Is it Friday yet?

I think we will see sand bags before this is over, but I did get this hopeful shot yesterday before the hail and tornados hit. I wonder if OM will one-up me again by riding over it.

DSC_0989Medium.jpg