• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Silver Aerostich Darien Jacket Size Large

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erik425

Reaction score
I have a size Large Darien Jacket that is pretty close to new condition. It is about 5 years old and has only about 2500 miles on it. It is silver in color and has a Roadcrafter Back pad in it as well. The back pad is a $100 add on. I would like to get $300 plus shipping from 31523 (Brunswick GA) for it. As far as sizing goes, It is a size Large. I usually wear a size 44-46 jacket and it fits me well with room for a fleece underneath. I am 6-2 180#. I am working on figuring out how to attach pictures. For more information and pictures email me at [email protected] and I can send pictures. This is a nice jacket, I just don't ride anymore and don't see any reason to have it hanging in the closet.

Thanks,

Erik

I'd be interested except... I'm quite sure that Dariens don't come as small-medium-large sizing... I'd be very afraid this wouldn't fit me... I'm 5'-8" & weigh about 10 lbs more than you. Although, my chest size is about 42ish.

I think that I'd better pass.

Although, I think this will be an outstanding value for someone.

The Dariens used to come in letter sizes, but quite a while ago switched to the numbered chest sizes. I do kind of doubt that you would fit in a Men's large, Heidi. Probably closer to a Medium or maybe even a Small.

I have Darien Light (in grungy HiViz) that is the new size 44 that works well for me after I switched out the clunky chunky stock shoulder armor for some thinner CE armor. I'm 6'2" and 220 lbs (on a light day) and it's my opinion that the Dariens run pretty large for their stated sizes as they cut is sort of boxy. I tried an old size XL before that (which is my normal size) and it was way too blousey.

I may be interested in trying this gray one, Erik. I'll send you a PM for some pictures and further discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for explanation Fred. Every motorcycle jacket that I own (& wear) are size men's large. Since the Darien's size runs a little large I'd probably wear a medium. Thanks for the nice compliment, though.
flirt.gif

You're welcome, Heidi. ;) As I mentioned I am always an XL in everything else, but in the Darien their XL is too big.

I've decided to give the jacket a try, and Erik has sent it on its way to me now.

If it turns out to be a lot tighter than what I'm expecting based on my prior Darien experience, I'll PM you.

I told him if it didn't fit I'd send it back to him on my dime, but I could just as easily send it to you to try.

I agree with everything posted above. The jacket does seem to run larger than my other large jackets. It is probably due to the fact the company is out of Northern MN on the shores of Lake Superior and even in the middle of the summer you have to wear layers.

The jacket is sold and officially on the road.

Erik