• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD! Gen 1 stock seat and windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Bansen

Reaction score
My friend Sal wrecked his '03 Gen 1 a couple of years ago when a knucklehead made a u-turn in front of him. He just discovered the stock seats and windshield under the stairs in his garage - they were replaced early in his ownership of the bike and are in great condition.

How does $40 for the windshield, $70 for the seats (plus UPS at cost) work for you?

Pete Bansen

Truckee, California

Last edited by a moderator:
i-FzjC9Q7-XL.jpg
i-CHwfMMG-XL.jpg
i-rZKDFXz-XL.jpg
i-8JkhbFS-XL.jpg
i-LbrXqcp-XL.jpg

Pillion seat has a slight indentation in the vinyl from having something resting against it while in storage - it's hard to see in the pictures and is not that noticeable. You could probably warm it up with a hair dryer and remove it, or just ride it. Otherwise, the seats are in like-new condition.

What do you think shipping would be to 76065 for the windshield?
UPS shows $30 for ground shipping, which seems horrible to me for a 4 pound package. I suspect this is because the box is 29" by 22" by 4" - "oversize" packages are subject to a premium.

I can try to find a smaller box because the screen itself is only about 22" by 20". I expect that will reduce the cost somewhat, but it's still probably going to be ~$25.

Still a LOT cheaper than a Yamaha windshield!

Pete

I wouldn't call the windshield "like new", perhaps "lightly used" would be a better description. A really good going over with some #2 Novus would work wonders, but it's generally very good and totally serviceable.

These things are really tough to photograph, but here are a couple of images. I think it's well worth $40 plus shipping, even if UPS is a little steep ($25 to $35). Local pickup would be ideal.

i-xGC5jFk-XL.jpg

i-2JtCDcT-XL.jpg

If you still have the stock windshield and you plan to drive by Stockton or Livermore any time soon, I'd be interested.