Southern Indiana Ride, July 16th and 17th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rough Route:

From Bedford, heading southwest to Loogootee, southeast to West Baden Springs, then south on 145 to the river, east and up on 66 to 62 east to Corydon. (route map will be posted before too long)

Then Sunday, we reverse course to get back home. Griff and I are staying at the Super 8 is sold out Comfort Inn in Corydon. There is a nice restaurant within walking distance of the Super 8.

(Griff and I get up at 0DARK THIRTY to meet up in Kentland, then speed move briskly down 41 down to Terre Haute then head east to meet others in Bedford (at the Wendy's) at 12:45pm eastern time. That is about 500 miles for me I believe.)

2011SOUTHERNINDIANAJULY.jpg

Post up if you're gonna ride with us...

Riders (so far)

wheatonFJR

Griff

airboss

Scooper

racer

StageLeftBlues

Hopefully

E.T.

jagermeister

FJRocket

See other thread by Scooper...clicky

Last edited by a moderator:
Wheatie, count me in for at least part of the ride. I may hook up with you and Griff and whoever in TH (or Bedford), then break off at the river and come back home late in the day. Just have to see how it goes.

Now to rip off the old rubber, baby needs new shoes! Still riding the rubber that Trooper Fenwick saw in Colorado. I gotta get out more...

BTW, if we ride 3 miles WEST of Mitchell instead of 3 miles EAST of Mitchell (Spring Mill State Park) on 60, I can show you where I force landed in Mr. Isom's Field. Talk about a GET OFF!

Cool Matt!

Just a note: Griff and I will be staying at the Comfort Inn in Corydon as the Super 8 is all booked up.

Revising first post.

Pencil me in Mark.

I won't know for sure until the RC call schedule is posted for July is posted. I already told them i would be availabe all month, seems some people besides me want to take some time off, go figure. :huh:

This sounds like a great time wheatie, and it's only about an hour more drive time than to Farmington, MO. But with my Grandson coming to stay with us most of July I'll have to pass this time.

Hope there's a followup ride report & I'll see you, Griff & airboss this Fall. :yahoo: Have a safe ride you guys.

This sounds like a great time wheatie, and it's only about an hour more drive time than to Farmington, MO. But with my Grandson coming to stay with us most of July I'll have to pass this time.

Hope there's a followup ride report & I'll see you, Griff & airboss this Fall. :yahoo: Have a safe ride you guys.

Too bad Marc, we could have met in wheaton and blasted down together. :clapping:

That's alot of ground to cover though for southern Indiana. However, you should consider doing a SE Ohio ride with me just prior to EOM. You would NOT regret that. I guarantee!! :yahoo:

Regarding RRs, someone else will need to step up for this one. I usually only do a RR for weeklong trips.

Pencil me in too please. I (we) should be able to make the Sat ride, then back home Sat night as Corydon is only about an hour away.

Scooper, holler when your going to scout out the roads, I may be able to accompany you.

Pencil me in too please. I (we) should be able to make the Sat ride, then back home Sat night as Corydon is only about an hour away.

Scooper, holler when your going to scout out the roads, I may be able to accompany you.

Ok, I'll give you a holler as soon as I decide when to run it. It will be on a weekend for sure.

Scooper

bump...any other IL, KY, or local Indiana riders interested?

Anybody interested in riding back up these same curvy roads Sunday AM with Griff, Airboss and me?

Yeah, I will post up a route map soon...however, my computer crashed a couple weeks ago and had to reinstall windows...and am having problems locating my S&T 2010 installation CD. So I may try to find whatever I posted up last year and paste that into this thread. Either way, I will be bringing my paper maps and following my nose and stomach to Wendy's and points south....

Man I was all set to go until I saw the 0dark thirty.... too early for me. Have fun :p
You got too many great roads out there to come slummin' around the cornfields in the midwest here.

We'll still have fun though. This southern Indiana ride was one of my favorites last year. :)