• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

STS self-cancelling signal light unit coupon code

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allrider

eat, sleep, ride, repeat
Reaction score
Discalimer: I don't have any financial interest in this deal,  just a safety interest. 

I asked Mark Nest at STS if he would extend us the 40% off coupon code he put out a while back if we bought 10-30 units over the next couple months. He said go for it. 

We can use coupon code: DRX-4T at checkout. That makes them about $60 each.  2 years ago i paid $100, this year i paid $75, so its a deal from where i am sitting. 

I will post the tips to my install in this thread.  It would be great if some of you would gather and post the various links to install videos, tips and tricks to make it easier for folks to get these installed and working.

Y'all ride safer now, y'hear.

I just put an STS on my 2014es. This isn't a full report on how to do this. Just a few tips to supplement the instructions. "2 wheel Obsession" has a video on you tube showing the disassembly of body parts but he got stuck on the wiring, so watch the whole video but make sure you do the wiring right. It was a red 2014 as well.In my estimation you only need to take console 1, that goes over the gauges, and the left cover around the glove box off. Take your signal switch apart on the left handlebar and ID the wire colors. My wire colors were different than the manual for some reason and thats why i think 2 wheel obsession had trouble. Then follow that harness down to under the gauges by the headlight adjuster. Loosen the 2 adjustable zip ties holding the harnesses to get enough slack to work in there.I didn't like the idea of putting the connections under the nose bc it gets really wet up in there. So after i took all that apart like Mr Obsession, i now realize you can leave that alone, if you like, and do it this way.

If you look at how the air/rain go through the nose piece you will see what i mean. Everything up front gets soaked in the rain. The connectors up there are all water tight connectors just for that reason. So i did my connections behind the gauges where the harness goes around the headlight adjuster.The 3 signal wires on my bike, lt, rt, and flasher are w/y, w/b, and bl/r, and because i didn't think i was going to be writing this i can''t tell you for sure which is lt or rt. Verify this for yourself to be certain and notice when you throw the signal switch to the left it is connecting to the rt side wire on the switch.  I cut, stripped and crimped the supplied connectors on them. Be sure you get the male and female parts right. I know some of you have a hard time with that male female stuff so.. :stinker:  I took power from the glove box accessory plug wires, which run right by there and it switches off with the key.You need to test the unit with power and signal wires going to bike side of the harness only in order to verify you got it right before hooking everything together so read the instructions and test the unit before moving to final assy. The blinkers should blink independently when turning on the key. Which is kinda cool. Now if i see a bike blink like that i know they have one of these units installed.When you get her all wired up and tested, tape up the harness and make it water tight and durable. Then test it again before you reassemble any further just in case. In final assy the harness fit in the same spot it was earlier, over the headlight adjuster.For the switch: I found the small rubber pads were not enough and the large were too big for the switch so i cut the large down by 1/3 thickness and then punched a hole in them to make the switch work a little easier.Last and only other time i had self cancelling signals prior was on a 79' RD 400F. My beloved Daytona Special. That thing cost me $1500 NIB and it had self cancelling signals. WTF Yama Mama, FJR's cost a lot more and we deserve it!