Stupid FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday, I was in front of dozens of other motorists, at a busy intersection, and when the light turned green,

and I tried to pull away, my FJR STALLED! #*%!

I frantically restarted it, and zoomed off, ...but DAMN!

That was embarassing!

So today, I'm filing a complaint to somebody, complaining about Yamaha's apparent lack

of concern for my dignity.

Just another example of a corporation trampling on the welfare of the common man. I've had enough, and will be gathering info on similar occurrences. For the record, I have an '06. A blue one.

BTW, I suspect a faulty kickstand too. But I'll need more data on that issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday, I was in front of dozens of other motorists, at a busy intersection, and when the light turned green,and I tried to pull away, my FJR STALLED! #*%!

I frantically restarted it, and zoomed off, ...but DAMN!

That was embarassing!

So today, I'm filing a complaint to somebody, complaining about Yamaha's apparent lack

of concern for my dignity.

Just another example of a corporation trampling on the welfare of the common man. I've had enough, and will be gathering info on similar occurrences. For the record, I have an '06. A blue one.

BTW, I suspect a faulty kickstand too. But I'll need more data on that issue.
Well that has happened to me twice and I just dismissed it. However now you bring up good points. It may be a corporate conspiracy!

BTW, why did you have your kickstand down at the light? :blink:

Maybe you should opt for the automatic transmission model. Sounds like you're having a little co-ordination problem with your left and right hands.

He is not a Troll, Michael is a Leprechaun.

From Wikipedia:

The leprechaun is said to be a solitary creature, whose principal occupation is making and mending shoes, and who enjoys practical jokes. According to William Butler Yeats, the great wealth of these fairies comes from the "treasure-crocks, buried of old in war-time", which they have uncovered and appropriated.[11] According to McAnally the leprechaun is the son of an "evil spirit" and a "degenerate fairy" and is "not wholly good nor wholly evil".[12]s

:lol: You're so damned CUTE, OM!!

um..... any chance you hit the kill switch ? ;)

Happy <dogpile> Friday everybody !

:jerry:

Maybe you should opt for the automatic transmission model. Sounds like you're having a little co-ordination problem with your left and right hands.

No way......... OM dates them both regularly....... :blink: :dribble:

Definitely sounds like operator error....... after all, he is OLD

B....... :fuck: :lol2:

What can you do if your legs are not long enough to reach the ground..................you put the kickstand down at stop lights.

Don't be too embarrassed Michael, at least you didn't stop, putting your foot in a hole causing you to fall over in front of everyone. At least not this time!

It's clear that the problem can be traced back to a motorcycle that was made during Yamaha's "Dark Period". You'll be happy to note that Yamaha's newest model is no longer "dark". Simple answer is buy a new one and all your problems will be over!

Operator error (for sure). You've been around long enough to have your idle set to 1100 (so I won't mention that); Right?

He is not a Troll, Michael is a Leprechaun.

From Wikipedia:

The leprechaun is said to be a solitary creature, whose principal occupation is making and mending shoes, and who enjoys practical jokes. According to William Butler Yeats, the great wealth of these fairies comes from the "treasure-crocks, buried of old in war-time", which they have uncovered and appropriated.[11] According to McAnally the leprechaun is the son of an "evil spirit" and a "degenerate fairy" and is "not wholly good nor wholly evil".[12]s

Actually HYCLE, to be entirely precise, he's a fecking Shit Disturbing, Muckraking, Anarchistic Hooligan Leprechaun! However, "degenerate fairy" isn't far off the mark!

I can't answer all of you smart-assed bastards, but I must say that I think I'm learning to NEVER come here for sympathy or consolation.

I KNOW this problem has plagued others, but you choose to ignore it because of your blind allegiance to Yamaha.

I'm going over to the BMW forum, and see if I can get some serious reponses. Those guys are a lot smarter than you knobs anyway.

I'm not mad, boys.

...Just very disappointed.

:D

Clearly Leprechaun error, but that doesn't mean we don't feel sympathy. Everyone knows that an FJR is a flawed motorcycle, OM. '06s don't fly worth a shit either. Or so I'm told.

Feelin bad this Friday for the dignity that F'ing bike has cost you. :cray:

I can't answer all of you smart-assed bastards, but I must say that I think I'm learning to NEVER come here for sympathy or consolation.
I KNOW this problem has plagued others, but you choose to ignore it because of your blind allegiance to Yamaha.
I totally feel for you. We had FJRForum Resolution #3714 drawn up for you.

Whereas
, Old Michael is usually a good sport.

Whereas, it's extremely difficult to find things on the FJR forum including places that categorize known issues like he describe and place them in
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showforum=60plain sight
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showforum=60and at the other end of a search or many, Many, MANY threads since the forum was created in 2005.

Whereas
, everybody on the FJRForum should drop everything and cater to one person that wants to whine about their FJR and pontificate on corporate conspiracies.

Whereas
, it's much easier to bitch about something than try and resolve the problem.

Whereas
, Old Michael includes no emoticons in his original post so we can't be totally sure if he's serious or just having a bad Friday.

And Whereas
, the FJRForum has
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?act=boardrulesRule #6
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?act=boardruleswith "Posts in this forum may or may not contain adult language/themes. No whiney-gash crying about them allowed. Deal with it."

Be it resolved
, that Old Michael gets his own Wambulance to be carry him wherever he might want to go on this Friday, March 26th, 2010.
All in favor say, "Aye." :rolleyes:

wambulance.jpg