Suggestion - Pre sign up for routes?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray

Reaction score
A suggestion over last year - when routes get posted maybe have a sign up sheet for each route published on the web in advance - and sign ups in registration to see who is going on what rides and who we might want to team up with. then name a ride captain and we all meet next to them in the am to head out?

Cannot wait - just got registered.

Not a bad idea for the folks who like to plan things in advance. If'n you do this, I suggest a start time be included in bold on top of each sign-up sheet.

Surely sounds like a good plan for the folks who plan. I myself, usually do not know what routes I will be riding until the night b4 I actually ride it. So many roads... so little time. This area has a boatload of good riding!

Last edited by a moderator:
After the feedback we got last year we will have sign up sheets available onsite for the different routes so it will be easier to find riding partners. We will also have some signs in the parking lot for the different routes so you can find other folks that are riding a given route. We considered doing something in advance online but like Heidi said most people just decide the night before or last minute.

Hope this helps!

JW

Surely sounds like a good plan for the folks who plan. I myself, usually do not know what routes I will be riding until the night b4 I actually ride it. So many roads... so little time. This area has a boatload of good riding!
+1 This is part of the fun. After my experience last year, their are no bad routes (props to the route planners!)

But I can see the point of having a sign up if only to find riding pudners. Instead of picking them up along the way :D

Posting sign ups at the event and signs in the parking lot of the groups will work awesome - thanks! Just got to mount some new tires and on my way.

I'm a planner.....I like to know all that I can in advance too.

So, I already know what routes I'm gonna ride Friday, Sat., Sunday., (I think I know).........I just don't know who else is going to ride them with me. Well, I know one person (for sure) that will be riding with me ;)

I do know that I would like to avoid riding through Gattlinburg and Pigeon Forge. I have never had a good experience there.

-Iris

I'm a planner.....I like to know all that I can in advance too.So, I already know what routes I'm gonna ride Friday, Sat., Sunday., (I think I know).........I just don't know who else is going to ride them with me. Well, I know one person (for sure) that will be riding with me ;)

(...)
So you ARE taking Scab this year. I wondered why Jim was so adamant about riding with us.

:)

C'mon now.....can't split Jim and I up. I have a sense of comfort knowing he will follow me down a left hand, dead end turn when we're supposed to follow the leader and make a right.