Summah Vacation Ride 2009

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice trip and report Fred. The wife and I have ridden RT30 in NY and 219 in WV that you took and they were both GREAT! I can't wait to go to WV again sometime.

Tom

I'm pretty much ready to go back tomorrow. Wanna join me?

3 days of work and I'm ready for another vacation... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great report and piccies Fred!

I was VERY impressed you were able to do a roadside diagnosis of your electrical gremlin and perform a temporary fix.

I think that particular problem would have left most folks with a ride into town on a flatbed. Well done!

Glad you and the family had the opportunity to do a great moto-vacation together.

Gorgeous pics and good family times! Great pics Fred. One small point: The Berkshires aren't mountains anywhere else... hills out here. Pretty hills but hills.

I forgot how green it is out there in summer... thanks!

Well, they are small mountains, but I say they are still considered mountains. As are the "mountains" of West Virginia.

In reality, "The Berkshires" are just the ass end of the Green mountains of VT, which are not all that high either, so should we change those to the Green Hills in deference to the majestic Rockies? Nay, nay...

True, the Berkshires are not all that high, I will certainly concede that. But they are still a lot higher than anything you'll see in a very large portion of the rest of this relatively flat and vast country. There is a sign along the Mass Pike (aka Interstate 90) where it reaches the height of land over the Berkshires. It mentions the height and it's only around 1200' as I recall. But it also says that it is the highest point on I90 until you get into the Dakotas!! Crazy!

Latest posts