Suspension Control Unit error 44 on 2015 ES

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^^^ I am that old. I sometimes go trolling and use stinky bait to get fish to rise... Note that there was even a 'disclaimer' about what was written at the end. During the late 70s up until the mid 80s my techs burned and UVed thousands of UVEPROMs, between the huge number of ECOs and bad software engineers it was our only hope.

It still remains likely that some suspension settings bits or bytes got confused and had invalid suspension information which got flushed and replaced with good bits or bytes by the diagnostics. See, a self healing motorcycle. Try that with bolts, gears and bushings.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of this back and forth is way over my pay grade. For my diminutive comprehension, please clarify the following. Is it a problem or not a good thing to turn on the ignition key with the battery tender attached and activated? Many times if I want to raise or lower the windscreen I turn the key while the tender is attached and active.

As for the ES feature, it ranks up there with cruise control.

It shouldn't be a major problem to turn on the ignition key with a battery tender hooked up. The charging voltage is not terribly high for the slow charge rate used. On the other hand, you might run into trouble with a high power charger; especially if you are charging at a 4-5 amp rate (which is too high for the low capacity battery on a motorcycle). Voltage will be higher but I don't know what voltage level will begin to cause problems for the electricals on the bike.