There's No Turning Back Now

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a google map of the route I took, but I know every twisty road in our State West of the Missisippi River. Every one.

From NOLA, all of the roads shown on this ride report would be near impossible on a day trip. But would work nicely on a 2-3 day weekend (3 days better). Here's a list of the roads we took:

Hwy 112 from Forest Hill to Hinston

Hwy 465 to Kurthwood

Hwy 118 from Kistachie to Florein (that's the freshly paved road in the pictures - awesome road)

Hwy 120 from I-49 to Hwy 6

Hwy 494 and Hwy 119 from Natchitoches to Derry

Kistachie Scenic Byway (Long Leaf Vista Road - google it)

Hwy 474 from Florein to Toledo Bend

Hwy 191 from Hwy 6 to the South end of Toledo Bend

In Texas, Hwy 87 from Burkeville to Hemphill (this road is an absolute blast).

Hope this helps. If you are interested in some good riding west of B/R for day trips, PM me and I'll share. Or better yet, I'll meet ya'll and show you myself.

Ride safe.

Beemerdons - we Cajuns have been known to cook some pretty unusual things. One man's fishing bait is another man's dinner. :blink:

Everyone says I'm a pretty good cook, and judging from my waistline, I'd have to mostly agree. I really enjoy taking the bike out in the back country and finding that little country store that has that really unique food. But I never really cared for Chicken Gizzards. They're kind of tuff.