Things That Piss Me Off

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awright, have yet to see any bitchin about truckers, so here goes:

1. The semi in the right lane, who waits until you are nearly even with his rear bumper (in the left lane) before throwing his signal on and immediately shoving over into your lane to cut you off. All so he can pass the semi in front of him that's movingh 1mph slower than he is.

2. Riding behind those damn dumptrucks that belch huge clouds of black smoke, which of course drifts right down to your face. And I've got to have a catalyst on my little MC engine? WTF?

3. Riding behind those damn dumptrucks that go down the highway with an open load of sand or dirt. How can they make money when half the load is scattered along their route?

4. Any large truck without decent mudflaps. Ouch!

5. Garbage trucks that leak nasty garbage spooge on the road - slippery stuff!

People who pull up to a toll booth, but are so distance challenged, they have to open their door and get out just to pay the toll collector slowing everyone else down in the process.

1. The semi in the right lane, who waits until you are nearly even with his rear bumper (in the left lane) before throwing his signal on and immediately shoving over into your lane to cut you off. All so he can pass the semi in front of him that's moving 1mph slower than he is.

Ooooh, that hits close to home! They do that on the I-10 & 15 where it narrows to two lanes. Fucktards! I was solo on the Wing a few years ago on the 15... Coming out of Vegas, I came upon a convoy, good buddy, and these asswipes were on the CB laughing and having a grand old time taking turns blocking the left lanes. A lady driver inasmuch said, "I'm gonna run that motorcycle into the shoulder!" I popped onto channel 9 and voiced a couple of choice complaints and suggested that it might be a good time for Smokey to pay these tards a visit. 10 miles up the road, Nevada's finest had 2 troopers waiting and pulled the entire line of 10 or 12 trucks over. As I rode by, I popped on the CB, gave the drivers the what for and proudly wave a signal digit salute! Asswipes!

Thing that's pissing me off. :mad:

Stopping by my dealer this afternoon to ask when my 'tick be good fix' will be ready. Bin there for more than 5 weeks now.

me: Can you give me a completion day as we are planning to leave for a long road trip in just over a week, which you knew about from the day I dropped it off?

shop: Don't push me for a date, the harder you push the longer it will take.

me: Has anything gone wrong with the repair that your holding back on me?

shop: It will be done when it's done, you will be the second to know. You want it sooner, it's gonna cost ya.

me: I thought this was warranty work, why would it cost me to get my bike back in a timely manner, are trying to bribe me?

shop: that's the way it goes.

me: considered removing bike myself and reassembling all parts except I don't know how Yamaha would react if it ticks again down the road?

me: left shop, in search for the owner who is my neighbor of 6 years, but he's out of town until Monday, which is probably good as it will take that long to cool off.

me: shell shocked and very disillusioned about this shop and completely "PISSED OFF" right now. :evil:

Dude, that seriously sucks choad. Here's an idea, send him an email with a link to this thread. I'd bet your bike would get done lickety split!

People who think if their foot isn't on the accelerator, it has to be on the brake.
That's me- standin' on the throttle, until I need to be standin' on the brakes :D

There's a reason I quit driving sporty cages- too many speeding tickets. I have no clue how I get away with it on a motorcycle...
No, this is people on the slab driving automatics that can't seem to understand how to maintain a constant speed because when they're get up to speed, they don't want to go any faster, so they take their foot off the accelerator, then you see the brake lights go on for a few seconds because they can't figure out what to do with their right foot. They slow down 5-10 mph, then they're going too slow, so they accellerate (slowly), repeat, repeat.

I see this all the time, it drives me scatty.

Stopping by my dealer this afternoon to ask when my 'tick be good fix' will be ready. Bin there for more than 5 weeks now.

me: Can you give me a completion day as we are planning to leave for a long road trip in just over a week, which you knew about from the day I dropped it off?

shop: It will be done when it's done, you will be the second to know. You want it sooner, it's gonna cost ya.

me: I thought this was warranty work, why would it cost me to get my bike back in a timely manner, are trying to bribe me?

me: considered removing bike myself and reassembling all parts except I don't know how Yamaha would react if it ticks again down the road?

me: left shop, in search for the owner who is my neighbor of 6 years, but he's out of town until Monday, which is probably good as it will take that long to cool off.

me: shell shocked and very disillusioned about this shop and completely "PISSED OFF" right now. :evil:
What dealer, and where?

Stopping by my dealer this afternoon to ask when my 'tick be good fix' will be ready.  Bin there for more than 5 weeks now.

shop: It will be done when it's done, you will be the second to know.  You want it sooner, it's gonna cost ya.

What dealer, and where?
Goldrush Honda Yamaha. Sonora, CA FKA Dave Birds Honda

Let me see...

1) People who tailgate in the hammer lane during rush hour when you're already doing 80 and the limit is 65.

2) People in the hammer lane during rush hour doing 65 when the limit's 65.

3) Semis that tailgate at 80....

4) ANYBODY who doesn't use turn signals (for years they were apparently optional equip on BMW cages--and nobody bought the option).

5) State LEOs filling their quota at the end of the month--the quotas they don't have.

6) New York drivers in New Jersey. Pennsylvania drivers in New Jersey. Diplomatic plates (actually, the driver behind them).

7) You're moving along at a good pace, nobody's behind you, and some asshat cuts you off, pulling in front of you and goes 10-20mph slower than YOU were going--they usually speed up if there's a clear passing lane, too.

8) Airport security guards who get incredibly intrusive, but don't have a clue what they are doing. If they REALLY want to be sadistic, they move incredibly slowly, too.

9) The whole security check thing. They intimidate the ordinary fliers and in test after test miss REAL threats. Fly first class sometime: They give you a metal knife and fork and real glass goblets, but will take a nail-clipper or a cuticle scissors. ANYBODY could turn the stuff they give you into a weapon--but I've NEVER heard of ANYBODY being threatened by a nail-clipper....

The fine mist of animal piss........
That has got to blow. :angry: Still, if it cools you down on a hot day...

New York drivers in New Jersey. Pennsylvania drivers in New Jersey.
Someone has got to "drive" in NJ. God knows the natives can't. :D

Just ask those several major insurance companies that stopped writing policies there years ago. :blink: My outlaws who live there, drive as if driving and thinking is multi-tasking. (And unfortunately, they seem hopelessly inept at both.)

Don't you just love the people driving slow on a mountain road who, when you finally reach a passing lane, puts their foot in the gas and actually drives FAST not allowing anyone to pass them
The other day at least 8 cars tried that shit with me. Not one of them moved over. Left the whole right lane open. 10 seconds later, they were happily put in their proper place, my rear view mirrors. I can usually surprise the first couple of cars by diving right and going around them before I pass the first car that actually did pull over, but this was a truly golden moment. :clap: I jus' loves my FJR!

Dude, you have my admiration for resisting the urge to pull him over the counter at that point. I don't know how I would handle five weeks without my bike and no hope of getting it back anytime soon. A valve guide job should only take three or four days. They are appeasing all the cash-paying customers at your expense. I sure hope it's ready in time for Yosemite. Sounds like not-too pessimistic of an expectation at this point. I'm feeling your pain!

A while back, I took mine to the local droids for a possible warranty fix. They banged the left bag into the door of the shop. They told me about it, and told me they ordered a new cover and would call me when it came in. A week later, I called them and they had the cover. I dropped my bag off in the morning and later in the afternoon went to pick it up. They said they couldn't change it out because they had to order some black rivets. That was about two months ago and I haven't heard from them yet. I'm afraid to call because they might actually work on my stuff this time. It will definitely be the last time. There is another dealer in town that I can burn through before I have to do long distance maintenance. I'm thinking I'll have to take a trip to Washington for my 26,000 mile service.

Bring a buddy in that they don't know. Have buddy dressed reasonably nice (nice polo/slacks). Make up a business card with "Yamaha - customer relations" or "Yamaha - dealer complaint department" or something like that.

Have buddy in the background when you come in again, after asswipe service guy gives you lip, have buddy hand them the business card and start to ream them a new asshole, talks about how Yamaha is just looking to yank the franchise (or whatever it's called) for customer support like that. Tell him you want a tech on that bike 24/7 until it's finished up, and it better not be more than 2 days.

That woulda done it for me. A mouth like that deserves all the attention it demands. As in amatuer dentistry... ;) But then apologise, this seems to be the key these days for getting out of everything.

Stopping by my dealer this afternoon to ask when my 'tick be good fix' will be ready.  Bin there for more than 5 weeks now.

shop: It will be done when it's done, you will be the second to know.  You want it sooner, it's gonna cost ya.

What dealer, and where?
Goldrush Honda Yamaha. Sonora, CA FKA Dave Birds Honda
Sorry to here that Ian, it's pissing me off too! I posted this on Barf and the ST-N boards also. Hope you don't mind, the bastards deserve some bad press! :angry01: :angry02: :angry03: :angry2:

Someone has got to "drive" in NJ. God knows the natives can't. 
Shit. You've never been to Massachusetts then!

But then apologise, this seems to be the key these days for getting out of everything.

Where the hell you been?! No one apologizes any more - EVER! They simply claim childhood abuse (my daddy yelled at me and sent me to bed without my dessert. That's why I killed that man... So you see, it's not my fault, it's daddy's!)).

Hey Spidy

That is so fucking lame I cannot beleive that fuckstick even tried it on...Time for some action...Go straight to the consumer protection agency in your area and get them to deliver a rocket up their arse as well as going to the top of YAHAMA's complaints dept do not let this fucker get away with this! Also..try your local member and tell them about the local business trying to launder your hard earned money...Didn't you smell something funny in the shop when you went in like oh..gee I don't know hmm... smelt like Hoochie coochie woochie poochie...

Highlander - good news travels fast. :lol:

You can tell the guys on barf that the story is authentic as I'm not in the habit of fabrication. Yes cbasset is right 'extort' not 'bribe' :D

As I pulled up from meeting madmike2, I spotted the shop owner was home and he has promised me a firm finish date on Tuesday morning. Let me just say that he was not a happy camper when I gave him the news. The owner of the store is a nice guy and has a son who actually works for Yamaha. He designs and builds all of the custom Road Star bikes which you will have seen in the last few years in various bike mags.

Let me say that before this meeting on Friday, I 'never' had any reason to suspect that this is what I was dealing with. I have known these guys for more than 7 years and have even bought a bike from them in the past. I guess you just don't know someone until it's crunch time.

Skyway 'still pissed off' and going on 6 weeks for a 'tick be good' fix.