Tires at EOM

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in for a pair of Storms.

Mike (05FJRBLUEDEVIL) and I would like to get a Friday AM appt. if possible. I would hate to have to spend the entire day at the dealership waiting for the work to be done.

I'll be spooning on a new rear Storm tomorrow so I hope I won't need tires at EOM, but it is good to know they are available at good prices. Thanks for setting this up for us.
Regarding test rides, I fell in lust with a little gray R1 at WFO but they wouldn't let us ride the sport bikes. All I could do was fondle her. Any chance they'll let us ride one of those? :rolleyes: Just teasing because I don't really expect it.

:eek: I've been told there is a definite possibility of test riding a used 05 R1 if that works!
Mmm yummy!! I'd like to save a spot for that!! (and a rear tire too, STORM)
I would love to try an R1 on for size. I'm hoping to find it much too uncomfortable for me so I won't be tempted to buy one. :rolleyes:

I've been going over the route text & I don't see a good way to have lunch at the dealer. As it looks, if you start riding @ 8:00, you'd be past the dealer by 10:00am plus/minus. Is that right Jim?

Heidi

Last edited by a moderator:
A local dealer, Freedom Motorsports in Princeton, WV will offer the tire prices below to any forum member attending EOM. Princeton is about 2 hours south of Lewisburg and is along one of the suggested routes. They will mount the tires while you wait. And speaking of while you wait, they are offering demo rides on a Roadliner 1800, on a 1300 Roadliner and possibly a couple of other models as well. Additionally, if there is enough interest, they are offering to set up a lunch. The tire offer holds for either Fri or Sat, but to do lunch, they ask we choose which day and give them an estimate of how many to prep for.

Mounting and balance.......58.00/set

26.00/each

Add 6% sales tax to the above for total

Acording to the Avon web site, the AV55/56 are the Storms. The Azaros are AV45/46.
WOOT!!!

Probably will be in for a new rear then. Any news if they will mount tires on Sun? And any update on if we need to schedule or not???

The thread will continue over the weekend and then I will be back in contact with them to see how they want to proceed; but good luck getting them mounted on Sunday. The purpose of this thread was to just get an idea of how much interest there is. More info to come.

I've been going over the route text & I don't see a good way to have lunch at the dealer. As it looks, if you start riding @ 8:00, you'd be past the dealer by 10:00am plus/minus. Is that right Jim?
Heidi

If you arrive at 10:00 and do a demo ride or two while you wait for mounting, it would be near time for an early lunch I guess. Seems to be more interest in tires than lunch though.

I would love to try an R1 on for size. I'm hoping to find it much too uncomfortable for me so I won't be tempted to buy one. :rolleyes:
The R1 fit me well and gave me a new itch. I am trying HARD not to scratch.

Willpower fading.....

don't be surprised come spring If I have one. I think I'm gonna angle for a winter deal

i might be bringing a tire with me...

just mounted the front, and it's rear mate could go on at eom after i get the miles/wear out of the current hoop...

I'll probably need a new rear about the time I get to EOM, but I'm riding Pilot Roads. Free lunches usually give me heartburn.

Chris

This is great. Mine were close and the trip down should kill them good. Will they do them on Thursday? And if so, what would their hours be?

I'm in either Thurs or Fri (if no Thurs) for a set of Dunlop D220s.

[SIZE=36pt]UPDATE[/SIZE]

Here is the communication from Freedom Motorsports on how to proceed if you wish to take them up on their tire offer while attending EOM. Please read carefully:

We can take appointments either Friday the 14th or Sat the 15th (Sorry, no Sunday or Monday..closed).We have no appts. scheduled as of now.

Total time to do a set is 1 hour, and we could do 8 sets Sat or 5-6 sets Fri if appointments are made.

Hours are 9-6 Friday and 9-5 Saturday.

Probably the best suggestion is to have anyone interested contact STEVE, our parts manager, at 304-325-8258 by this Friday so we can be sure to have the correct brand in stock. He can also schedule the installation.

Or, if a member wants to post a phone number on this thread, he will call them.
I followed up with a phone call and was also told that they will make a limited number of slots available on Thurs if you play nice.

Just got off the phone with Steve and signed me and Mike (05FJRBLUEDEVIL) up for 10:00 AM on Friday. He told me they are dedicating one guy to just changing tires.