Tomorrow, Anyone wanna ride?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure do...but I'll be riding locally in the Northern Sierra Nevada passes, probably Carson, Monitor and Ebbetts...where are you riding?

Richard, if you had any hair on your ass, you'd ride up here and join me on 299 and THREE

on Saturday. :D Gonna be partly cloudy and cool-------er. Oh, baby. Hayfork looks a lot like Torrance,

...if you squint. And there are beaches nearby too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be riding around SoCal tomorrow not up there......

OM 299 sounds like a lot of fun but no can do right now, maybe in the next few weeks we wil get up there again.

R

Not sure how much time you have but what about you meet me at intersection of Angeles forest and we ride to Wrightwood and back?

R

Richard, if you had any hair on your ass, you'd ride up here and join me on 299 and THREEon Saturday. :D Gonna be partly cloudy and cool-------er. Oh, baby. Hayfork looks a lot like Torrance,

...if you squint. And there are beaches nearby too.
Dr. Rich: Isn't it cute when Old Michael trys to act coy? As if OM doesn't know if Richard has hair on his arse or not. Ha, ha!

No big deal I did something different with the FJR. Trying to the highest mileage per gallon while keeping the bike at legal, safe, and fun speeds. I averaged 54.5 mpg over seventy miles on the mountain roads. Catcha next time...

No big deal I did something different with the FJR. Trying to the highest mileage per gallon while keeping the bike at legal, safe, and fun speeds. I averaged 54.5 mpg over seventy miles on the mountain roads. Catcha next time...
Why would one even attempt such things??????

Was this all done downhill? What did you do?

The curious engineer,

W2

Why would one try to get a high mpg.....just for the fun of it and develop some data if one were to get "stuck" in the middle of no where with less than optimal amount of fuel. The loop was both up and down hills returning to the original starting point. I was running light (not much in the bags, 5-7 pounds) with a full tank at the start and I step on the scales at 225. Most gains where coasting down the short hill sections in a full tuck with elbows in behind the windshield and let off the throttle prior to cresting any uphill. The last thing I did was at "known" stop lightlights (the ones that take forever to change) I turned off the bike until the light started to change.

Was this all done downhill? What did you do?

The curious engineer,

W2
My best mileage about 56mpg happened this year. It's always on a trip with twisties and lower speeds. I get 40mpg on the Frwy. I mostly get high 40's on my trips, the 56 surprised, although I have been in the 50's a few other times.