Torque For Clutch Spring Bolt

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuemungous

Reaction score
I am planning on doing a clutch master re-build and a soak of the clutch plates. I have searched but could not find - does anyone know the torque specs for the clutch cover scews and the bolts holding the clutch spring plate retainer. This is for a 2005 FJR.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am planning on doing a clutch master re-build and a soak of the clutch plates. I have searched but could not find - does anyone know the torque specs for the clutch cover scews and the bolts holding the clutch spring plate retainer. This is for a 2005 FJR.
From my '04 FSM:

Clutch cover screws = 8.7 lb/ft

Clutch spring plate retainer bolts = 5.8 lb/ft

From my '04 FSM:

Outstanding. Thank you very much.

From my '04 FSM:

Outstanding. Thank you very much.
Or simply tighten til you hear a loud "CRACK", and back off a quarter turn.