Torque Values

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motomaniac

Reaction score
Does anyone here have any idea where I can find the specified torque values for the bolts on the FJR? I am specifically looking for the motor mount bolts. I havn't broken down and bought the manual yet.

Thanx

There is a bootleg .pdf file somewhere out there, but I can't remember where. My manual's at home, otherwise I'd post up for you. Sorry.

Now take this for what it is worth but for installing the R&G Sliders which go into the motor mount bolt holes this is what they say.

Apply anti-seize to the new bolt; insert the bolt through the slider, small spacer and torque to 29 ft/lbs. This is the suggested torque setting if using anti-seize compound. If you don't use anti-seize the dry torque value is 40 ft/lbs. Do not use the dry torque value if using anti-seize as you will over torque the bolt and damage the threads.

Now this of course doesn't mean they are all the same so....

Calling your local stealer could answer and I haven't picked my manual up from the shop yet as today is my first day driving my truck in since it came in :D

Code:
Rear lower mounting bolt            45
Spacer bolt                         18
Rear upper mounting bolt and nut    45
Front mounting bolt                 55
Pinch bolt                          24
Bolt (engine bracket 1 and frame)   32
Bolt (engine bracket 1 and engine)  16
Bolt (engine bracket 2 and engine)  36
Bolt (engine bracket 2 and frame)   16
All of those are torque values in Nm. You'll have to hit google or something to convert... my wrench shows Nm so I don't bother.

In the manual, as per what smthng said,

Nm / Ft Lbs

45 = 32

18 = 13

55 = 40

24 = 17

32 = 23

16 = 11