Touch up paint, 2007 Black Cherry

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try PPG W-4 for Mazda Miata. It will be very close. I had the PPG dealer here mix me a special blend using mirror for a sample.. Only problem was I had to clear coat the whole mirror to get the proper gloss. If only small scratch, I would guess that you could use a small artist brush, fill in scratch, and then polish well.

Good luck!

No story about why you need touchup paint??? :derisive:
No great tale to tell for the scatches, just clumsy in the garage. Already have as many on this thing as I did my 82 xj750 after 25 years!! This beast is a little larger to move around and get around out there.

Anyone had any luck finding a good color match touch up paint for the Black Cherry a 2007?

I do not see the silver paint color listed for the 2007 model in the Bin-O-Facts or on the ColorRite website. I also don't see a definitive answer in other posts. Has anyone arrived at a good match (spray, bottle, pen), other than taking the part to a good bodyshop? (I don't have any damage to the silver (yet), just preemptive.) I did manage to drop my left case on the driveway while cleaning it, hence my foray into the paint threads...

Try PPG code W-4. Used it to touch up my mirror. Had PPG custom blend with a little less "sparkle" for a perfect match.

Try PPG code W-4. Used it to touch up my mirror. Had PPG custom blend with a little less "sparkle" for a perfect match.

I think you have a FJR-1300AE? I have a standard one, black cherry, and that color is easy to get from Color Rite. However, the bike has some silver painted body panels and trim. I am looking for the matching silver trim paint.

PPG Cide W-4. They may have to add a little less "sparkle", but a good dealer can match exactly to what ever you have for an example. You will need to clear coat this paint to get the same gloss.

OK...

Has anyone found a good match for the SILVER portion of the 2007 FJR(black cherry bike)??? Something other than the colorrite.. Like a specific car touch up paint??

WW