Trip to Indy .....Moto GP

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck Jesse. I just want to sell the ticket, not wait around while someone shops. Sounds like a hassle for me. I'll find someone in Indy.

Huh, not 2 minutes after I posted that, I had a firm buyer. And have had THREE other inquiries since. Funny how that works.

Good luck Jesse. I just want to sell the ticket, not wait around while someone shops. Sounds like a hassle for me. I'll find someone in Indy.

Hey there, Sorry, I did not mean to sound like I was shopping. I actually had it in my mind to just get a ticket when I got there. I should have been clearer, but happy you sold your ticket. Have fun.

A plug for Hello Kitty: Penthouse B, section 10 is a great place to see the race. Hope someone snatches it up.
You can say that again! Had a fantastic time and the seats were fantastic. The weather was great, if a little warm. But far better than some alternatives. The race itself wasn't terribly exciting... I mean, it was, but there wasn't really any drama. Rossi moved up from 7th position to 4th... Pedrosa passed Spies for first, but there was so much space between the riders, not much to be on the edge of your seat about. Still had a wonderful time. Indy does a fantastic job handling the traffic.

Just curious why ya'll thought 16th street was the best place to enter? If you go in from 30th, you park on the backstretch of the big track. (for bikes) I thought that was pretty cool. It looked like people were charging for parking along the areas outside the track. I saw signs that said bikes were $10 and cars were $20. Free on the backstretch!

On Friday night, we went to the Enduro Cross which was great fun. A couple of the guys I was with (who are now, well, um, older) used to do Enduro back in the day and so they told a bunch of fun stories. We were going to just buy tickets when we got there and some guy had a bunch of free passes and gave them to us in the parking lot when we pulled in. That was cool.

The folks who work at the track and in town couldn't be nicer and staying downtown is a must as far as I'm concerned. Rooms at the Westin were $100 including tax and you're RIGHT THERE (okay, parking was expensive, I think it was $30 PERDAY!) Large area of downtown closed to cars, bikes everywhere. Everything imaginable and a lot of stuff you've never imagined as well. Had an amazing dinner at Harry & Izzy's - same kitchen as St. Elmo's, but apparently less expensive. The Wild Beaver Saloon was a great time. I couldn't believe the place wasn't more crowded. Glad it wasn't though. Two bachelor parties there which was fun to watch.

I'm hoping that most of my vacation time is consumed by another motorcycle event next year, but I will definitely look into flying out for the weekend and just hitching a ride on one of my friends' bikes to the track.

My first Moto GP event and it was great fun. Ended up on the inside near turn 3 to watch the action. It was a good place to watch the race. Took forever to get out of there when it was over. Sat for about 50 minutes before we even started moving. Will park outside next year and pay someone to haul us in and out. All in all a great experience.

Had a blast!! This was my 1st GP race or any proffessional race!! :yahoo:

IMG_3759.jpg

IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_3816.jpg

IMG_3822.jpg

IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3834.jpg

IMG_3838.jpg

IMG_3856.jpg

IMG_3880.jpg

IMG_3888.jpg

IMG_3892.jpg

IMG_4173.jpg

Bogie! Excellent pictures! I'm impressed!

Jesse - we parked on the backstretch and didn't have any trouble getting out at all. Granted it was crowded, GP just let out! But I set my GPS to home when we were pulling out of our parking spaces and the ETA only increased by 19 minutes by the time I hit I-70. Again, I was parked on the backstretch, I think you might have gone in off 16th Street? :dntknw: There was traffic, yes, but we never sat for long. The worst part was as 16th St was going back to 2 way traffic and we had to merge over to the right side of the road.

Bogie! Excellent pictures! I'm impressed!
Jesse - we parked on the backstretch and didn't have any trouble getting out at all. Granted it was crowded, GP just let out! But I set my GPS to home when we were pulling out of our parking spaces and the ETA only increased by 19 minutes by the time I hit I-70. Again, I was parked on the backstretch, I think you might have gone in off 16th Street? :dntknw: There was traffic, yes, but we never sat for long. The worst part was as 16th St was going back to 2 way traffic and we had to merge over to the right side of the road.

mmmmmm, not exactly sure where we were parked. I do believe you are right about 16th street entrance. We were in line with other cars ( left my bike at friends house ) and then becuase we did not have tickets, they sent us to that little shack they had there. Got our tickets and drove in and then to the left and then into a big field on the back side. Then walked over the the back straight away. I will take notes for next year. Wow, great photos Bogie. Weather was hot, but I will take it over the wet stuff any day.

Bogie- Great pictures man! Wow those are just awesome, really liked the way you captured the riders and bikes at work. I think you better come out next year and get some pictures at the Corkscrew.

Oh, and if you have time throw in a few pictures of the umbrella girls!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bogie- Great pictures man! Wow those are just awesome, really liked the way you captured the riders and bikes at work. I think you better come out next year and get some pictures at the Corkscrew.
Oh, and if you have time throw in a few pictures of the umbrella girls!
Thanks! :)

You hook me up with some tickets, all access passes and fly me out and I will be at Laguna next year!! LOL LOL

Great Pics! Spent qualifying on turn 10 I think it was that was the first after the back straight watching them lifting the rear wheel off the ground braking for the turn. Watched from the stands by start/finish for the race with the big screen in front. See a LOT of FJR's out there over the weekend too, I am guessing they may be more popular north of me since i have not seen too many here.

Wow, that's really awesome! It weirds me out how near Rossi looks ahead of himself. Erm, how much he's not looking ahead.