• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Trunk for 2008 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can't find one used, I suggest trying accessories4bikes.com which has them brand new for $539 (that's where I ended up buying mine). Just remember that factory-new trunks do *not* come with a lock... you'll need to use the spare lock that came with your bike (if you have it) or purchase part number 5P5-28406-01-00 ($54 from zanottimotor.com).

Are you looking for the Yamaha trunk in particular? If not, there are many other companies that make motorcycle trunks. Link

I have personally used the Bestem trunk on my previous bike (ST1300) and found it very functional. I paid about 70 bucks for it new and it did its job very well. Obviously the Givi or Yamaha trunks will be better in quality. You get what you pay for.

Thanks for the quick responeses and advice on where to find a trunk. What does a new Yamaha factory trunk cost?
I figure you can do better then this if you look around but, on the Yamaha site they list the trunk for $699.95, the plate for $115.95 and the backrest for $109.95.

Why someone would pay close to $ 1000 for a new trunk :blink: is beyond me... A brand new GIVI E55 with rack on ebay will cost you around $ 500-$ 600 (top of the line / biggest) ;)