Up and Back, N. Cascades

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
Sort of an abridged outing, wife did not want me doing big loop by self so I fudged and went up, over, and back. 329 miles in my back yard. Went N. the traditional route-Arlington, Darrington, Marblemount, breakfast at Mondos E. end of town. Food OK., prices have gone up! Roads not to bad. I came back 20 to Sedro cause I wanted to stop at Skagit power sports. The monkey butt run is aug 20, sign in starts at 0700. No word on any other activities at this time. Single lane road construction sections around Lyman/Hamilton, fair amount of wait time, bodes ill for the summer. Seems like 530 from Arlington to Darrington is getting more 50mph sections. Future will probably see me going from hwy 9 heading east South valley river road to Concrete and back, skipping Sedro, Lyman and Hamilton, unless I eat at the Iron Skillet, in which case I will still probably come back to S. valley. Went east to lone fir campground before turning around, had planned on Mazama but I liked staying in the snow. Lots of folks parked around the snow fields, many bicycles. Took my time in the passes. No pics, took my point and shoot and it does not do the scenery justice. Fortunately we have folks on this web site that take great pictures. A few miles west of Rockport, on 20, is a longish straight stretch well suited for dispatching slower traffic and this is the second time I have seen a light greyish LEOs (sheriff) SUV parked on shoulder using K-band on low output. North shoulder has a couple of wide spots. It for now, have a nice weekend.

...whew, sounds like you had a full day!
coolsmiley02.gif

--G

J.W.,

Was the road clean? Thinking or doing an out and back from the east side on Monday. Thinking of turning around at Marblemount. Is that a good place to turn?

Neil

A few of us did the loop yesterday. Road is clean and clear other than a couple rocks in the normal spots.

Lots of folks taking advantage of the snowpack so watch for bicycles and skiers, etc...great ride and spectacular views!

@Heen - Marblemount would work fine for turn around. You have fuel, food and refreshments available.

--G