Update Delivery Poll for new 06's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When did your new bike come in?

• March 16-31

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • April 1-15

• April 16-30

• May 1-15

• May 16-31

• June 1-15

• June 16-30

• July 1-15

• July 16-31

• Aug 1-15

• Total voters
:yahoo: :yahoo: IT's HERE, IT'S HERE!!! WOOO HOOO, IT'S HERE!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Des Plaines Yamaha was kind enough to deliver the pretty blue motorsikle to my house today at 11am! It's been rainy and cold here in northern Illinois for the past 3 days. (I'm a wimp in the cold :cold: ... there, I admit it...Anything under 50 degrees in the rain ain't for me!) I didn't cherish breaking in the tires in the rain either. Not as brave as AuburnShane.

GrnArrow waxed it up for me :wub: I got the IPass holder put on.... Now I just have to order all the other farkles I want... let's see... bar end weights, reflector thingys for the bags, V-Strom hand guards, some pinstriping at some point.... Gee, what else can I find???

Anyone know if there is a curved radiator screen for the 06??

(Vin: 0132)

Parked the V65 today and took delivery of, from what I can tell, #1340. A little windy and cool, but a great ride none the less! Definately a change from my old bike, but I think I will get used to it.

Its great to be an owner. I have been reading the forums since a few months before I placed my order in December. Thanks to everyone who have added all the great information to this site!

RideOn!

I'm going to D&H tomorrow to pickup #868 :yahoo: . Flying down from Rhode island and then riding my baby back home. :D :D

I received my bike today May 16, 2006 after making a call to a dealership on Thursday May 11, 2006 they had 2 coming on May 15, 2006in. Went down that day and put a deposit down. #1149 Massachusetts

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to Willow's in Cheshire,CT. tomorrow May 17 to pickup my 06... :yahoo:

I received my bike today May 16, 2006 after making a call to a dealership on Thursday May 11, 2006 they had 2 coming on May 15, 2006in. Went down that day and put a deposit down. #1149 Massachusetts
I don't know what I was thinking the past. AWESOME RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picked up the bike yesterday at Casey Cycle in Newport News,VA. Great service so far and an incredible bike.

Parked the V65 today and took delivery of, from what I can tell, #1340. A little windy and cool, but a great ride none the less! Definately a change from my old bike, but I think I will get used to it.
Its great to be an owner. I have been reading the forums since a few months before I placed my order in December. Thanks to everyone who have added all the great information to this site!

RideOn!
What year V-65 did you have. I had an 85 with the Hondaline sport fairing on it and just sold it with 40,000 miles on it. This 06 FJR is the second new bike I have purchased, the first being the 85 Sabre I bought new in 86. I really like this FJR, its hard to ride slow.

Took delivery today! Now I must learn how to tame the beast. This must be what it's like to buck a bronco. Coming from an underpowered cruiser........this is like learning a new language. I'm no longer a maywanna.

:clapping:

Here is an updated poll to take into account some delays. If I have to I will update in August. Let's hope that doesn't happen... :angry:
Also if you would, let us know what part of the country you live in, and any information you received from your dealer as to deliveries in your area.

Someone also asked about serial numbers, if you feel comfortable about giving them there are people interested about that.

I didn't order one at all. After seeing one at Bike Week in Daytona I decided to buy one. All the local dealers gave me the crap about ordering and waiting until summer for delivery. I found that a lot of east coast dealers ordered bikes under "false names" in order to have at least 2 for retail stock. I called a dealer nearby and worked the deal with some discount and purchased that day. No waiting!

Wade

06 FJR

04 FLTRI

I purchased mine from Friendly Yamaha in Baton Rouge, La. They had three in stock. One of the best dealerships I have had the pleasure to work with.

Got mine 6-15-06!! I decided I wanted one, told my local dealer to make it happen and they found one in Mississippi that no one had picked up yet, showed up in town two days later. This is the most amazing bike ever!!