• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

VERY Good Deal on Metzelers... $156.94 for a set.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I didnt have a set of T30 GT's sitting in the garage, Id be all over that deal.

I wasn't too impressed with metzelers. But at that price, I could get impressed. I have a brand new set of PR4GT's on he bike and a set of PR3's in the garage. Still tempted to order these.

Thanks for the tip, Spud. I was just about to hit submit to order a pair of PR4GTs, but for less than half the price I think I may give these a try.

I have only used a Z6 once on the rear and I wasn't that impressed, but for $157 for a new set of tires that is hard to resist.

Thanks for the heads up Spud!

Just ordered up a set to try!!
punk.gif
punk.gif

Z6 front is my preferred tire, rears OK but get a little noisy after a while. Good grip, good in the wet. Run them at 40F/42RR.

I love having a motorcycle which uses commodity commonly available tire sizes. Sure beats PC800 and GL1800 tire choices.

Damn.. I just chewed up my Bridgestones tearing up Wyoming/SD this weekend. Was all set to finally pull the trigger on some PR2's or 4's.. Then this happens. dilemma..

I love my Z8's but they have been replaced by Roadtecs, that is a sweet deal on the softer version.

Nice. Anyone know how these compare life-wise and performance-wise to the PR4GT? I had planned on those for my second set after the stockers burn out, but these Metzellers are at Shinko pricing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. Anyone know how these compare life-wise and performance-wise to the PR4GT? I had planned on those for my second set after the stockers burn out, but these Metzellers are at Shinko pricing.
You bet. Try here. Let's leave this thread about the specific item that is for sale...Metzlers

Thanks

The Management

You bet. Try here. Let's leave this thread about the specific item that is for sale...Metzlers

Thanks

The Management
Thanks, Ignacio. Was literally in the middle of looking for this info.

Just replaced my tires after NAFO, but hey nothing better that having a new set on the shelf.

Thanks for posting up this deal.

Damn it! I just ordered a set of PR4s this afternoon so I could have a fresh set of tires for EOM in two weeks. I hate to wreck a fresh $325.00 set of PR4s on the slab to EOM and back and I don't think my PR2s with 5000 miles on them will make it down and back.

I bit. Most of my research indicates these are on par or near par with the alternatives I might have selected, at $100-200 less.

Well you could always burn up these on your trek and save the PR4s for after.

<br />Damn it! I just ordered a set of PR4s this afternoon so I could have a fresh set of tires for EOM in two weeks. I hate to wreck a fresh $325.00 set of PR4s on the slab to EOM and back and I don't think my PR2s with 5000 miles on them will make it down and back.

<br />Damn it! I just ordered a set of PR4s this afternoon so I could have a fresh set of tires for EOM in two weeks. I hate to wreck a fresh $325.00 set of PR4s on the slab to EOM and back and I don't think my PR2s with 5000 miles on them will make it down and back.

I bit. Most of my research indicates these are on par or near par with the alternatives I might have selected, at $100-200 less.

<br />

Damn it! I just ordered a set of PR4s this afternoon so I could have a fresh set of tires for EOM in two weeks. I hate to wreck a fresh $325.00 set of PR4s on the slab to EOM and back and I don't think my PR2s with 5000 miles on them will make it down and back.
I had the same thought, but after spending $570.00 for a set of PR4s and knobbies and tubes for the XR650L, I think I am done buying tires for today.
cry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.