Warning flashers stuck on!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodtime

Reaction score
So just for kicks I press my warning flasher switch to see if the flasher function works. It pushed in and the flashers work, but I push again to turn off and the switch won't come up and the flashers won't go off! arrgh!

So I assume I get to take "panel A" off and unstick the switch or is there a secret way to turn off the flashers? This is on a new to me 03 model.

Thanks

Edit-Update

I did take the panel off and just kept pushing the switch and it finally released. I may do the RadioHowie cleaning at a later date, too much real farkling for me to do now.

Last edited by a moderator:
So just for kicks I press my warning flasher switch to see if the flasher function works. It pushed in and the flashers work, but I push again to turn off and the switch won't come up and the flashers won't go off! arrgh!
So I assume I get to take "panel A" off and unstick the switch or is there a secret way to turn off the flashers? This is on a new to me 03 model.

Thanks
"This is on a new to me 03 model" with 7 years worth of splooge in the switch. Take the "A" panel off, as you noted, unplug the switch...easy to do from the wire hanging off the switch...carefully push the switch up and out of the cowling plastic, take it apart and clean it.

Oh, and be prepared to replace it. Probably lots of corrosion in there, since it's very exposed to the elements.

I just purchased a lil ole can of contact cleaner from Radio Shack and bathed the switch from the top...no panel removal...

freed up fine...YMMV... :clapping:

pRS1C-2264867w345.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: