What I Learned About The 07 Fjr By Reading All Posts Back To July 1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kurtfriedrich

Reaction score
(Below are quotes from other people's post)

07's have an altitude surge problem - yamaha about to issue a fix? (maybe later VINs don't have it? mine is 3540, hope that's a later mfg date

G2 Throttle tube to fix the snatchy throttle (PCIII helps this alot too)

https://www.bikeeffects.com/proddetail.asp?prod=40%2D400

I also installed a G2 Ergomonics throttle cam. Another excellent product that took 10 minutes to install and

has, for all intents and purposes, eliminated the horrible roll on throttle lag, common on the standard

FJR's and something that drove me crazy when first got the bike. NOTE, I did not disconnect the throttle

return spring as many have done/suggested because after I installed the Break-Away Cruise

Givi V46 10/1 favorite for back pack over Yami

The grip puppies do allow the heat from heated grips to pass though.

I ordered mine from Umotors, If I recall correctly the cost was $7.00 and some change. I just called Mike up

and gave him the parts unlimited part number and had the grips four days later.

Link Part number 0630-0361.

Skyway sliders-see vendor page https://skywaymotorcycleaccessories.com/sto...ahaFJR1300.html

Throttlemeister throttle lock

600 mile service is also a good time to inspect and lube the rear drive splines

Maybe this post will save some other newbees a few hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. Thank you very much. You have now raised the bar for NFGs on this forum. Iggy will be proud of your ability to find, comprehend, and utilize existing data.

Joking aside, there really is a wealth of info here. Nice job of bringing it together.

Thank you. Thank you very much. You have now raised the bar for NFGs on this forum. Iggy will be proud of your ability to find, comprehend, and utilize existing data.
Joking aside, there really is a wealth of info here. Nice job of bringing it together.
dont you mean, "now there is a bar?"

Welcome aboard Kurt. I really liked your bike collection, some real classics in that list.

dont you mean, "now there is a bar?"

Welcome aboard Kurt. I really liked your bike collection, some real classics in that list.
I'll have a Jeager bomb please.

What???? The search button works!!!!

07's have an altitude surge problem - yamaha about to issue a fix? (maybe later VINs don't have it? mine is 3540, hope that's a later mfg date

I also installed a G2 Ergomonics throttle cam. Another excellent product that took 10 minutes to install and

has, for all intents and purposes, eliminated the horrible roll on throttle lag, common on the standard

FJR's and something that drove me crazy when first got the bike. NOTE, I did not disconnect the throttle

return spring as many have done/suggested because after I installed the Break-Away Cruise

I ordered mine from Umotors, If I recall correctly the cost was $7.00 and some change. I just called Mike up

Skyway sliders-see vendor page https://skywaymotorcycleaccessories.com/sto...ahaFJR1300.html

I would add put threadlock on the side bag lock screws and my '07 does not exhibit any throttle irregularity at all so when I read your post and others like it I am completely baffled. Nice list.

I would add put threadlock on the side bag lock screws and my '07 does not exhibit any throttle irregularity at all so when I read your post and others like it I am completely baffled. Nice list.

good catch! I did forget the threadlock. I did read plenty about it, and this good bit set to get at these weird fasteners.

https://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=91310

I only have 250 miles so far, but I can see that when doing twisties, the way the throttle goes all off, and then come on with a bang is not good. This was one thing I didn't like about my R6 too, I'd be deep in a tight turn, want to start feeding in some gas, but it would always come on too strong, too jerky.

Kurt

:yahoo:
... good catch! I did forget the threadlock. I did read plenty about it, and this good bit set to get at these weird fasteners.

https://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=91310

I only have 250 miles so far, but I can see that when doing twisties, the way the throttle goes all off, and then come on with a bang is not good. This was one thing I didn't like about my R6 too, I'd be deep in a tight turn, want to start feeding in some gas, but it would always come on too strong, too jerky.

Kurt
Hey I was at Harbor Freight today and saw that kit on sale and laughed to myself about the lock falling out on me. I used long nose pliers to unscrew mine and replaced them with new standard 3mm x 8mm button hex heads, the security hex is a 3mm x 6mm but there was room for the 8mm so I used it. I keep a few in the tool kit now too.

My throttle is smooth as silk, I don't understand why but I am greatful.

Hey I was at Harbor Freight today and saw that kit on sale and laughed to myself about the lock falling out on me. I used long nose pliers to unscrew mine and replaced them with new standard 3mm x 8mm button hex heads, the security hex is a 3mm x 6mm but there was room for the 8mm so I used it. I keep a few in the tool kit now too.
My throttle is smooth as silk, I don't understand why but I am greatful.
Glad your throttle is smooth. I am at 400m now, when I get my 600, I am going to try and get them to balance the throttle bodies, I hear that may help.

Kurt

Perhaps a prior posting, but the FendaExtenda farkle was helpful on my FJR.

(I didn't like the Throttle Meister.)

SR-71

I did like looking through your previous bikes, bought back some memories for me, however, I did notice one thing, the FJ1200 you had a picture of is a 1989 not a 1987, the 87's had a red and paint scheme exactly opposite to the 1986, which I had.

Nice collection though,

Skippy

I did like looking through your previous bikes, bought back some memories for me, however, I did notice one thing, the FJ1200 you had a picture of is a 1989 not a 1987, the 87's had a red and paint scheme exactly opposite to the 1986, which I had.Nice collection though,Skippy
Hey, thanks! I think I have more than 1 mistake in there, as I didn't keep track of these things over the last 40 years. about 1 year ago, I started to try and recreate history.
Great job on the summary!Great info, except for this:
Ack!!!! P.O.S.!!!!Vista-Cruise, baby!
Sorry, too complicate for me. I like the simplicty of the TM. No doubt the VC is much nicer to use though.

Hey, I thought the G2 throttle tube and the G2 Ergomonics throttle cam were one in the same? I ordered them from sportsefects? Am I missing something?

Bob