What was that? You say stay right.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big ears

Reaction score
I forgot who it was on the forum over the past that says stay right but I would like to thank them for drilling this in often times on different posts. Yesterday I was in the country on one of the few curvy roads in Lousyana when coming up on a blind curve when it rang in my mind, stay right-stay right. Well as I moved to the right what do you know but a pickup at great speed met me over the center line. Thanks again. I believe several members have mentioned this, thanks to all.

Definately Toe...I hear a voice in my head constantly now when I am in the twisties telling me to stay right. Of course then there are the other voices in my head, but thats another story. :dribble:

I forgot who it was on the forum over the past that says stay right but I would like to thank them for drilling this in often times on different posts. Yesterday I was in the country on one of the few curvy roads in Lousyana when coming up on a blind curve when it rang in my mind, stay right-stay right. Well as I moved to the right what do you know but a pickup at great speed met me over the center line.
That's one of the "unwritten" traffic laws in Tennessee, i.e., it's OK to put two wheels over the double yellow in left hand turns. :p :D

I forgot who it was on the forum over the past that says stay right but I would like to thank them for drilling this in often times on different posts. Yesterday I was in the country on one of the few curvy roads in Lousyana when coming up on a blind curve when it rang in my mind, stay right-stay right. Well as I moved to the right what do you know but a pickup at great speed met me over the center line.
That's one of the "unwritten" traffic laws in Tennessee, i.e., it's OK to put two wheels over the double yellow in left hand turns. :p :D
Its about that way here. This truck was splitting right down the middle.

Yes, I too hear that voice. The only time i've ever had a problem with staying left is one night while taking a ride around the lake where I live. I was aproching a blind left turn so I moved to the left and just before the turn the road did a sudden roll to the out side. It took a lot of force on the bars to keep me from droping over the white line. Luckily I wasn't going very fast.

It was Toe, and on one ride alone he saved my ass over ten times (no joke)... from boat-towing-redneck-huntingtrailer-towing-cammo-wearing yah-hoos who couldn't figure out why I was coming at them in their "English Lane"...

Thanks again Toe! I don't have a clue what you sound like, but when I'm riding I'm glad you never shut up.

C

Definately Toe...I hear a voice in my head constantly now when I am in the twisties telling me to stay right. Of course then there are the other voices in my head, but thats another story. :dribble:

I am a newbie and not heard this before, but it is kinda of common sense. BUT easier said than done to stay to the right. Thank you for the reminder.

don't we all hear voices in our head? isn't that we chose to ride?

Hi Blue Flame,

Common sense maybe, but so is not-staring at hotties when you're with your wife, not eating too many ribs at an all-you can-eat, and not buying farkles instead of groceries... yet these things still happen. I know that when I play speed racer and have my special riding sandals on I feel like joe-racer and want to cut every corner tight and fast... but the reality of it is it's deadly... and you get no do-overs. It's easy to let the power and control go to your "little head" where our inner immortal adolescence lives, and start to fall into the squid tactics. Common sense is always common, not always sensible.

Easy to see how being reminded is important, just look at some of the people that thanked Toe, some have been riding a looooong time, and still needed/appreciated the reminder (me included). Just don't let them bury me because of my pride...

C