What would you pay for a leftover 2013 1300A?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreakyFastFreddie

Reaction score
Like the title says, what would you pay for a leftover 2013 1300A model still in a dealer's inventory? I think it may have been a demo, but not sure. I haven't seen the bike yet so I don't know the condition but think it has around 50 miles on it. Since it's not been titled I would think it still comes with a 1 year warranty. I'm thinking of making a low ball offer on it.

Opinion and comments appreciated!

Guess it all depends on the person.

Retail is $10.1k in my area. Haven't checked NADA Values.

Have them roll the YES Warranty into the OTD Price.

If you could stay under 10.9k OTD.

Then I think it's a great deal for a low mileage bike.

But I may have bumped my head.

What do you think it's worth? You financing or making a cash offer?

Cash is king! All of these variables are important while in negotiation.

Formulate 3-4 buying variables that are high / low of importance to you.

Then do the same for the dealer.

Lastly, have your final number firmly planted in your head.

Negotiations is like a dance. When they offer, counter with other variables.

Service credit, warranty, cash term savings, etc..

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are interested in any Yamaha accessories (top box for example) or even aftermarket accessories available at this dealer, consider using those as an incentive in your favor. My feeling is that the dealer's margin on these things is much greater, so giving you this (or greatly discounting it) eases the pain for the dealer. If you were going to buy it anyway, getting it for free (or at a greatly discounted price) saves you real money. Win-win.

Having said that, $9,000 would be a borderline "you have the right to remain silent" price. If that flies, you should absolutely ride it like you stole it, because by all accounts, you did!!!!!

Good luck.