• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wheel balancers for sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, on my balancer, and I believe on the Marc Parnes as well, the set screws in the two cones that secure them to the shaft do tend to mar the steel shaft over time and multiple uses, especially if you get a bit over-zealous with the allen wrench.
With the clamp collars that FJReady uses, that will never happen.

Genius!
thumbsup.gif
I have one that uses set screws in the cones, and a negative side effect is that the cone is pressed firmly to the shaft on one side with play on the other. It's out of balance at that axle before I start. Genius indeed.

Also, on my balancer, and I believe on the Marc Parnes as well, the set screws in the two cones that secure them to the shaft do tend to mar the steel shaft over time and multiple uses, especially if you get a bit over-zealous with the allen wrench.
With the clamp collars that FJReady uses, that will never happen.

Genius!
thumbsup.gif
I have one that uses set screws in the cones, and a negative side effect is that the cone is pressed firmly to the shaft on one side with play on the other. It's out of balance at that axle before I start. Genius indeed.
Did you know that you can buy set screws with a brass insert in the business end? We used them all the time in the tool and die shop that I used to work in. You could also replace your set screws with ones made entirely of brass. Hope that helps?

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator: