When Tommy Chong moves in next door

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archer

FJR Supporter
Reaction score

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...&cvid=6914d52c74e64aaf8c976858dd93e0c2&ei=190

This suspiciously paid and placed article uses bad behavior to attack the continued existence of motorcycles. It says idling waste fuel while not being necessary to "warm up" the bike. And that the Gov't of USA doesn't even measure the motorcycle "pollution" and concludes that the world's governing bodies need to place more restrictions on motorcycles and their human beings. Not political, just want to bench-test the water temp of the pot I'm standing in. Thanks for reading. 🏍️

Meh. That guy lives at the end of the block.
Then there is the bar 4 blocks over that attracts the Harley crowd, the folks who.live on the local golf course, townies and some of the MN chapter of the hells Angels.

The article is not wrong, so far as it goes. But obnoxious idiots are not limited to owning Harleys or even motorcycles.

Often they announce themselves with proclamations of "I own a Jaaaaaaag", (or pick just about any model with that dripping tone).

Sort of like living next to a someone who races cars. I'm the last person to complain about noise from motorsports. I have been/am that hooligan. But, there is a time to tune on your stuff. Nobody appreciates a midnight start after you've spent two days rebuilding your main bullet. As much as you feel the need to get the fuel/timing right, it's not appropriate and makes zero friends. Ditto for early mornings. Nor do you need to keep at it just to hear the roar. Do what you need to do and shut it down. Sometime you might need your neighbor to bring his (or your) trailer out to get you. Or, maybe to hold a light while you solder some wires together. Or just to commiserate when you toss a rod through the block. It doesn't hurt chat up your locals and let them know what you're doing before you do it either. A little consideration goes a long way towards social bliss and you might make a good friend while you're at it. You can be a dick, or you can be a pal. You reap what your choices sow.