will power commander for '06 void warranty?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zac

Reaction score
Unlike previous model years, the 2006 requires multiple splices with the universal kit for the power commander. This will make it difficult to return to stock prior to taking it into the dealer for warranty repair. If I develop "the tick" or have any kind of engine or ecu problems in the future could the powercommander void the warranty for these kinds of issues? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hmmmm, lessee... Several grand worth of warranty work or a simple, "Sorry, dude, you mucked with the computer control system with a unauthorized modification."

That'd 'bout answer it for me.

Flame on!

I had to cut one wire going to the ECU to plug in my Speedohealer. I didn't give it a thought because the cut wire does nothing except feed speedo pulses to the ECU.

However if there are critical connections that have to be hacked I'd personally pass.

Maybe the PC people will come up with a sandwich connector/harness that would eliminate the issues.

And based on the post and the provided link in the post following this, it seems they have.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I get "the tick", if, if and if. "What....you do your own work. You can't do that!" If your dealer was to be really picky, you changing your own oil and plugs will void your warranty. Ride it like it's a rental!!

If I get "the tick", if, if and if. What....you do your own work. You can't do that! If your dealer was to be really picky, you changing your own oil and plugs will void your warranty. Ride it like it's a rental!!
Not quite. If something goes bad, the dealer has to prove that the work you did (i.e. change your own oil plugs) resulted in the failure.

Not quite. If something goes bad, the dealer has to prove that the work you did (i.e. change your own oil plugs) resulted in the failure.
Yes, you and I know that to be, however I was flexing my sarcastic muscle. If someone is really worried/concerned whether or not it would void the warranty, then don't install it. Ask your service manger if in doubt.

Don't ask me, for I see nothing and I know nothing! :rolleyes:

If someone is really worried/concerned whether or not it would void the warranty, then don't install it. Ask your service manger if in doubt.
If you're really worried, take your bike to Texarkana or Sunnyside. I doubt either of those dealerships would deny your "ticking" FJR and place the blame on a PCIII.... :rolleyes:

Texarkana huh?

Real convenient for those of us in the Northeast and Canada.

Just pull the PCIII before taking it in for service. Put it back on when you get it back. Jeez.

Still don't understand the original post. The PC for the 06 is plug and play. Who told you splicing was required?